Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Shot at Inclusive Language
- Essay against gender neutral language or turning masculine nouns into male and female compounds in Scripture translation. Uses arguments against feminism and original languages and context of the Bible to state a case.
Bible Translation into German
- English translation of open letter of Dr. Martin Luther in reply to inquiry concerning criticism of his translating of the Bible.
Biblical Theology and the Analogy of Faith
- Critical evaluation of a major Lutheran hermeneutical principle. Argues that the Analogy destroys sola scriptura.
Die Bibel: Martin Luther Translation
- A searchable site of the original German translation of the Bible.
Does the Bible Matter?
- Article in The Lutheran on authority of the Scriptures and ways of studying them with guide and related articles.
ELCA Understanding of the Bible
- Viewpoints of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America concerning the nature of Scripture and the Word of God.
Interpreting the Bible
- Harold Buls emphasizes Scripture being the interpreter of Scripture, not using private interpretation, the clarity of God's Word, and especially on using the Law and Gospel hermeneutic. Messianic prophecy fulfillment chart included.
Law and Gospel in the Apocalypse
- Dr. Louis Brighton examines Revelation and teaches application of the Lutheran hermeneutic. The book is taken as prophecy and prophecy is understood as proclamation of Law and Gospel.
- Search engine from the University of Chicago ARTFL Project.
Luther and Inerrancy
- Archived discussion on the reformer's understanding of the inspiration and veracity of Scripture.
- Dr. Andrew Bartelt gives the characteristics and shows some of the fulfillments of Old Testament predictions of the coming of the Christ.
- Brief overview of the use of the Pauline corpus in understanding the Scriptures and making and applying doctrine.
The Doctrine of Holy Scripture in the Lutheran Confessions
- Statements from the Book of Concord as to how the reformers and confessors viewed the Bible.
The End Times in Revelation
- Chart from Good News magazine compares various interpretations of the millennium, the tribulation, rapture, and similar teachings from the Apocalypse.
The Great Premillennial Hoax
- Don Matzat examines and opposes a literal, earthly thousand year reign of Christ before the end of the world, offering a Lutheran alternative.
The New Testament: Which Text?
- Argument for accepting the Received or Majority Text rather than later critical constructions.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor