Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
Smith, Joseph, Jr.
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Perry L. Porter's compilation of pioneers, leaders, and mysterions.
Church History Stories Collection
- Dave Kenison's searchable list of over 500 anecdotes historical church figures. Archived from LDSWorld Gems submissions.
David Whitmer Home Page
- Info on David Whitmer, Book of Mormon Witness. Early texts including the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon and other church periodicals. Links.
Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Latter-day Saint History
- Resources for the scholarly study of the history, institutions, people, and culture of the Latter-day Saints. Housed at Brigham Young University.
Latter-Day Saint Church History
- Links from about.com. Includes First Vision accounts, important dates, and pioneer accounts.
Missouri Church History Foundation
- (at the University of Missouri) History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Missouri.
Mormon History Association
- Independent scholarly society of various religious faiths who share an interest in the history of the Restoration Movement. Conferences and events, journals and newsletters, membership information, links.
Mormon History: The Missouri Era
- Discussion of the history of persecution and trouble for Latter-day Saints ("Mormons") in Missouri in the late 1830s.
Mormon Settlers' Role a Neglected Chapter in California History
- Reprinted from the Nando Times News, Sacramento, California, USA.
Mormonism in the 19th Century
- Essay with teaching suggestions from a scholar in American religious history. In "Divining America: Religion and the National Culture" from the National Humanities Center.
Mountain Meadows Massacre: Reburying the Dead
- Index of investigative news articles, books, documents, and sites related to the tragic massacre.
Tracing Mormon Pioneers
- This research guide provides tips for those tracing their Mormon Pioneer ancestry from Europe, Scandinavia, Australia, and South Africa to Salt Lake City, Utah. It has been over 150 years since the arrival of the first pioneer company to Salt Lake City in 1847 and many have not traced their pioneer heritage.
Zadoc Knapp Judd, Mormon Pioneer
- Posterity, ancestry and autobiography of Zadoc Knapp Judd, member of the Mormon Battalion. Links to other Mormon Battalion resources.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor