Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
Blessed Virgin Mary
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Catholic Encyclopedia: Legends of the Saints
- The legenda are stories about the saints, and often include a mix of historical fact and unhistorical embellishments.
Catholic Online: Saints & Angels
- Large searchable database of information on Catholic saints and angels.
Domestic-Church Saint Profiles
- Dozens of profiles of saints, and activities written for young, middle, and older children.
For All the Saints
- Short biographies, and some images, of thousands of saints. Alphabetical index, index by feast day, lists of saints associated with France and Italy.
Little Pictorial Lives of the Saints
- Book edited by John Gilmary Shea, published in 1894. Short illustrated biographies of a saint for each day of the year. You can also browse an alphabetical list.
Medieval Sourcebook: Saints' Lives
- Ancient, Byzantine, and medieval hagiographic original texts, in translation and otherwise, with basic data on the cult of saints, emphasis on historical understanding of the texts. [Note: the word "cult" is a technical term referring to the religious practices surrounding devotion to saints.]
- Information on various soldier saints. Includes early martyrologies translated into English.
Patron Saints Index
- Profiles of over 2000 saints and beati. Browse by name or by topic. Sanctoral calendar, time line, FAQs, images.
- Images of relics from around the world. Some lists of saints and beati and their areas of patronage. Promotes the book "International Crusade for Holy Relics."
Société des Bollandistes
- Provides information on the society, which consists of a team of specialists devoted to hagiographical research (Latin, Greek, and Oriental), and also links to relevant sites.
The Golden Legend
- A very popular medieval book of saints' lives, written between 1260 and 1275 by Jacobus de Voragine.
The Legends of the Saints: An Introduction to Hagiography
- Full text of the 1907 edition of a book by Hippolyte Delehaye, about medieval hagiography. 517K.
What Is a Saint?
- An explanation of sainthood and how a person becomes a saint in the Catholic Church.
- Saint-of-the-month essay, FAQ.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor