Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Civil Society, Ethnicity and the State: a Threefold Relationship
- Paper delivered by George Schopflin of the University of London.
Consortium of Minority Resources (COMIR)
- Internet-based cooperative project that aims at promoting the free flow of information and dialogue in the field of ethnic relations, multicultural politics and minority rights. Aims to establish a clearinghouse of information and activities relevant to Europe (OSCE region) to support democratic governance of multiethnic and multinational societies.
Ethnicity and Nationalism: Anthropological Perspectives
- Excerpt from a monograph by Thomas Hylland Eriksen, exploring the relationships between ethnicity, race, nationality, and class.
Federal Union of European Nationalities - F.U.E.N.
- A union of organizations representing national minorities in Europe.
Irredentism and Ethnic Nationalism
- Essay by Dimostenis Yagcioglu arguing that irredentism (i.e. conflict over borders) is an inevitable tendency of ethnic nationalism.
Marxism and the National Question
- Joseph Stalin's 1912 essay on the question of Marxism, the state and national minorities. Stalin became Commisar of Nationalities under Lenin and led the USSR after Lenin's death.
National Minorities in Eastern Europe
- The problem of ethnic heterogeneity in the new states that emerged after World War One.
- Extensively annotated on-line guide to Tamil language, Tamil literature, Tamil culture, and the struggle for "Tamil Eelam."
The MinMaj Rule
- Conflicts between majorities and minorities are usually the result of a mirror situation beyond national borders.
The National Question and the Class Struggle
- Thesis by Ber Borochov (1881-1917) arguing that national liberation is a necessary component of the class struggle. Distinguishes between progressive and reactionary nationalism.
Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organisation
- An international organization created by nations and peoples around the world who are not represented in major international organizations or negotiation as they are not organized in recognized sovereign nation-states.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor