Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence is "a grassroots non-profit membership organization working since 1978 to end violence in the lives of women and children."
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 24-Hour Access from all 50 states. Translators available.
National Network on Behalf of Battered Immigrant Women
- Three organizations jointly direct the Network, with each one providing leadership in its areas of expertise.
Network for Battered Lesbians and Bisexual Women
- Boston organization advocating for an end domestic violence and oppression, and providing services to lesbian, bisexual and transgendered women victims/survivors of battering.
New Hampshire AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program
- Our advocates, who are placed at crisis centers and police/prosecutor's offices, provide education and support to victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking throughout New Hampshire.
New Social Security Numbers For Domestic Violence Victims And Others
- SSA Publication No. 05-10093 - describes procedures and requirements for requesting a new social security number.
New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Promoting effective cross-systems' responses to DV through training, technical assistance and policy development.
No Safe Place
- No Safe Place offers resources and insights into the origins and possible solutions to violence against women. (Public Broadcasting System)
Partnerships Against Violence
- Home page of Partnerships Against Violence
Peace at Home
- Peace at Home is a human rights agency dedicated to stopping domestic violence.
PeaceWorks Home Page
- "PEACEWORKS"is an unique art documentary about domestic violence being developed by The Shelter, Inc. A team of artists/activists/formerly battered women and technicians, have come together to produce this screenplay. Drawn from the poetry, music and artwork of victims, the film stitches together vignettes exploring the root causes of violence and outlining the individual and communal journey of healing from abusive relationships.
Polaroid | Medical Professionals | Domestic Violence
- Follow the links to Health Care Professional. Good information about documenting abuse using instant photography in health care settings.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Conversation with Judith Herman
- Harry Kreisler interviews Judith Herman on the personal and political dimensions of trauma and recovery; September 2000. Explains how PTSD develops in women survivors of domestic violence.
Poverty, Welfare and Battered Women: What Does the Research Tell Us?
- Department of Justice Online Resources
Prince Edward Island Woman Abuse Protocols
- This initiative's goal is to reduce violence towards women by establishing policy and protocol to effectively respond to victims of family violence.
Psychological Maltreatment of Women Inventory
- "The PMWI is a 58-item instrument designed to measure the level of psychological abuse of women by their intimate male partners. Partial text from Tolman's PMWI validation Study (1995) is available." - Kristin Ward, Cornell University
Reading List on Domestic Violence
- Good basic reading list on domestic violence -- history, research, self-help.
Resources for Anti Violence Networks (RAVN)
- RAVN will provide advocacy services to high-risk battered women as well as training and consultation to other organizations. Special issues: lesbian battering, trafficking/prostitution, abuse of disabled women, stalking. [Also listed in Society: People: Women: Organizations]
Responding to Domestic Violence: Where Federal Employees Can Find Help
- Prepared by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management. Includes places to turn to and a sectionalized report.
Rural Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- The challenge of providing services in rural areas
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor