Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Battered Women and Their Children
- Kathleen Waits, Houston Law Review, 1998, Symposium: Domestic Violence and the Health Care System - A personal story of one battered woman's experience in the family court system.
California Domestic Violence
- Free information and forms on family violence, domestic violence, abuse, awareness and relationships.
Child Custody and Visitation Decisions in Domestic Violence Cases: Legal Trends, Research Findings, and Recommendations
- Final Report of the Child Custody and Visitation Focus Group
DV Law Search
- The Family Violence Department (FVD) of the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ) is dedicated to improving the way courts, law enforcement, agencies and others respond to family violence, while recognizing the legal, cultural and psychological dynamics involved, the ultimate goal of improving the lives of domestic violence victims and their children.
Domestic Violence Court Builds on Drug Court Model
- Join Together Organization news article
Domestic Violence Home Page
- The American Bar Association's web site for domestic violence issues. Information for attorneys and survivors. Contains information on protecting privacy for survivors during and after divorce.
Domestic Violence Notepad: A listing of resources
- Provides links to articles, legal help, resources to help victims of domestic violence.
Domestic Violence and the Courtroom
- Understanding the Problem and knowing the Victim. The American Judges Foundation.
Domestic Violence and the Provocation Defence
- Arguments against the use of the "loss of control" or provocation defence. Published by Zero Tolerance Against Violence, Canada
Domestic Violence: Civil Liability FAQ - Nolo's Legal Encyclopedia
- Information about taking legal action against your abuser.
Domestic Violence: Taking Action FAQ - Nolo's Legal Encyclopedia
- How to stop domestic violence.
Domestic and Family Violence Resources
- The Tribal Court Clearinghouse - Links and Information on Domestic and Family Violence fortribal court personnel, tribal law enforcement personnel, domestic violence victim service agency personnel, social services personnel, and others in handling domestic violence cases and issues.
Early Identification of Risk Factors for Parental Abduction OJJDP Publications - General Resources
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention report in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
Educating To End Domestic Violence
- A Law School Report by the American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence. Produced with the support of the Office for Victims of Crime, U.S. Department of Justice
FindLaw Citations for Shipp and Gates vs. McMahon et al.
- Information on Tort claim by woman who asserts denial of equal protection on the part of law enforcement in domestic violence case in Louisiana.
Helping With Domestic Violence: Legal Barriers to Serving Teens in Illinois
- Center for Impact Research
How to Write a Letter to the Judge for Victims of Rape, Domestic Violence, and Child Abuse
- Women's Justice Center
Innocent Spouse Tax Relief
- Information from the IRS on help for spouses who have tax liability because of erroneous filing by a partner. Batterers may threaten to use legal issues such as tax liability against partners to keep them from leaving or requesting equitable child support. The IRS offers help with this filing option. Spouses in danger can be protected from batterers' learning their current address or other identifying information. Consult IRS offices for information.
Is there a tilt toward abusers in child custody decisions?
- Link to Abstract: Sachs, N. P. (2000). Journal of Psychohistory, 28(2), 203-227. This article discusses why abusers are often favored by personnel in the legal system during child custody disputes. The author proposes some new standards that would reform some of these problems and ensure that children are placed in the custody of the better parent.
Legal Services Online-Main Menu Page
- Interactive site walks clients through the procedures for obtaining an order of protection in Georgia courts.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor