Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Queens Victoria, Esther, Cleopatra
- Essay written by Esther Mitchell.
- The home of the Quilt Heritage mailing list, this page discusses all aspects of antique quilts and textiles and their makers.
Saint Joan of Arc (Jehanne Darc)
- A site dealing with Saint Joan of Arc (Jehanne Darc) and the Hundred Years War, with a summary of her life, scanned photos of her letters and other original manuscripts, and similar items of interest.
Sophia Smith Collection of Smith College
- Large collection of manuscript, print, and audio-visual material that documents the historical experience of women, primarily in the United States. Includes collection lists, lesson plans, and subject guides on individual women and special topics.
Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- A research archives devoted to collecting, preserving, and making accessible, materials on non-governmental women,s efforts towards peace.
The Dutch Association for Women's History
- The study of the history of women and gender. The VVG contains information, activities, links, articles and events.
The Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony Papers Project Online
- Describes the project's work and the documentary editing process. Contains biographies, bibliographies, and a timeline of ECS and SBA's life and work, as well as quotations and poetry about them.
The Emancipation of Women: 1860-1920
- Thirty-five biographies of women who played a prominent role in the struggle for equality. Includes written primary sources produced by, or about, them.
The Lesbian History Project
- Promotes lesbian history and visibility, objective is to create an online record of lesbian history with information on lesbian accomplishments and contributions.
The Miracle Worker
- Information and resources for the study of The Miracle Worker and Helen Keller.
- Profiles of women you'll want to know. Site profiles a different woman every week.
The Women's Legal History Project
- Detailed biographies of over 100 early women lawyers and judges.
Timeline of the Women's Rights Movement
- Descriptive timeline of the women's rights movement (from 1821 to modern day).
Top 100 Women of the Millenium
- Women.com details women's historical contributions as artists, healers, activists, writers, warriors, and trail blazers. Test your history and cast your vote for the top woman of each century.
- The ViVa database contains bibliographic records describing more than 5500 articles published between 1975 and 2000 in 116 historical and women's studies journals.
- The Women in Science and Engineering Archive was born from the need to document the history of women in science and engineering, their social history as well as the story of their scientific achievements.
WWWomen: Women Throughout History
- WWWomen aspires to be the most inclusive, up-to-date search site for women's topics.
What DidYou Do In The War, Grandma?
- 27 oral histories of Rhode Island women during World War II, written by high school honors students. Teacher notes, too!
What's New in Women's History
- An examination of "the history of women's history" by Linda Gordon.
Who Was Augusta AdaLovelace?
- Annotated list of links to many web resources about the first computer programmer.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor