Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Charlotte Hawkins Brown
- Biography and photos of the founder of Palmer Memorial Institute in North Carolina, a school for African-American women founded in 1902.
Fanny Jackson Coppin
- Fanny Jackson Coppin, born a slave, graduated from Oberlin College and became the first African-American woman to become a school principal.
Freeman, Elizabeth 'Mumbet'
- One of the first black women slaves to be set free in the USA.
Narrative of Sojourner Truth, The
- Free HTML EText. Read it online, page by page.
Slavery Bibliography at the C.W. Post Library
- Bibliography related to women and slavery
The Mary McLeod Bethune Council House
- Her last official Washington, DC residence and the first headquarters of the National Council of Negro Women.
Walker, Madam C.J.
- An account of the life of an entrepreneur, who rose from the cotton fields of the South to become a successful self-made American businesswoman. [Created by her great-great-granddaughter, A'Lelia Bundles.]
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor