Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Commodity Futurs Trading Commission (CFTC)
- Federal government agency regulating investments in the commodity futures markets.
Crimes of Persuasion
- Explaining how people are victimized through telemarketing fraud, investment schemes and consumer scams.
FBI Field Offices
- Directory of local FBI offices, which have jurisdiction to investigate frauds that violate federal law
Federal Trade Commission
- Primary government agency that enforces credit laws.
Federal Trade Commission Consumer Protection
- FTC works to eliminate unfair or deceptive marketplace practices. Site includes areas of FTC involvement plus a complaint form for consumers.
Financial Regulators Gateway
- Find information on securities, futures, banking and insurance regulators.
Inspection Service Consumer Fraud
- U.S. Postal Inspection service information about consumer fraud.
Making a Federal Case of Identity Theft
- This July 2001 article, by a senior U.S. Department of Justice prosecutor, discusses the ways that identity theft can be committed and what the Justice Department is doing to combat it.
- Rules of broker conduct. Information concerning complaints and arbitration of disputes.
National Check Fraud Center
- Providing check fraud information and soliciting reports from victims of check fraud crimes.
National Fraud Information Center
- Information and links about many kinds of fraud.
National Futures Association
- Self regulatory organization for the U.S. futures industry.
North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA)
- Voluntary association devoted to investor protection
Securities Arbitration Commentator
- Collects and publishes awards in securities arbitration cases. For a charge, will conduct database searches of past awards by arbitrator name, type of case, and other categories.
Securities Class Action Clearinghouse
- Summaries and analyses of federal complaints, with full text of some securities class action complaints, from Stanford University Law School.
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- The SEC is the agency responsible for administering federal securities laws in the U.S.
US Department of Justice Consumer Fraud Page
- Information and links for internet fraud, telemarketing fraud, mortgage scams, identity theft, and other consumer frauds.
United States Attorneys
- Directory of local federal prosecutors with jurisdiction to prosecute frauds that violate federal law
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor