Computer and Technology Law
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Linking Policies for Public Web Sites
- For librarians creating web sites that link to others, describes importance of having a linking policy, gives resources on policy creation, describes controversies.
- Commentary on linking to pages against their author's permission. [Brad Templeton]
Linking and Crawling Issues
- Attorney Ivan Hoffman outlines some cases over linking and related topics.
Linking and Liability
- Technical aspects of linking and legal theories that may limit the right to link to other pages. [BitLaw]
Linking, Framing and Inlining
- Information about the law relating to deep linking, framing, and IMG links. [Nolo Legal Encyclopedia]
Links, Litigation, and Licensing: Hyperlinks and the Law
- An attorney's introduction to problems with unauthorized linking. [W. Jeffrey Brown]
NY Times: Hacker Gadfly at Center of New Suit
- Report on Ford Motor Company's lawsuit against the domain fuckgeneralmotors.com for redirecting users to Ford's site. By Carl S. Kaplan. [Free registration required.]
Only News That's Fit to Link
- A United States District Judge has issued a ruling banning links to illegal sites. [Wired]
Proprietary Rights in Hypertext Linkages
- A thesis that there is no legal grounds for excluding the operation of hypertext linkages. [JILT: The Journal of Information, Law and Technology]
Recruiter Bans Rival's Links
- "StepStone, the online recruitment company, has obtained an injunction in Germany preventing a rival from linking to its website pages." [Financial Times]
The Link Controversy Page
- Collection of information about the legal implications of hyperlinking, inlining and framing.
The Link to Liability
- Editorial criticizing linking lawsuits and how the law is falling behind technology. [The American Lawyer]
Thinking About Linking
- Can law accommodate the power of the Internet to share information? An overview of how old legal rules are being adapted to new media technology. [Law Library Resource Xchange]
What's all the Hype about Hyperlinking?
- A brief overview of some linking regulation disputes. [Jeffrey R. Kuester and Peter A. Nieves]
When Linking Isn't Better Business
- The Better Business Bureau's efforts to remove links to it's site. Free registration required. [NY Times]
Withdrawal of the Reference: Rights, Rules, and Remedies for Unwelcomed Web-Linking
- A law review article on the litigation, technology, and applicable copyright, trademark, and privacy laws. [South Carolina Law Review]
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor