Computer and Technology Law
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
CASE STUDY - Digital Discovery
- Case of Northwest Airlines employees "sick out" and resulting warrants for personal and work computer seizure.
- Article about industry and US government agreeing on no need for new laws for cybercrimes.
Computer Crime Research Center
- Research Center based in Ukraine founded to aid in the prevention and investigation of computer crimes. Also in Russian.
- Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS) of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice
Cybercrime Penalties a Nightmare
- Article on the problems with punishments for cybercrime.
Cybercrimes at the U. of Dayton School of Law
- Dedicated to exploring the issues involved with crimes that are committed in cyberspace, usually those crimes that are committed with a computer, or against a computer. Information on various cybercrimes.
Dissertation on fighting Cyber-crime
- A paper submitted by Cedric Magnin for his LLM at Santa Clara University on the new 2001 Council of Europe Convention on Cyber-crime.
Federal guidelines for searching and seizing computers
- Text of guidelines for computer searching obtained by EPIC under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)in 1994.
Fighting Drug Abuse into the 21st Century
- Campaign against the sale illegal drugs, illegal sales of legal drugs and drug paraphernalia on the Internet.
- The U.S. government's central website for information about identity theft.
International Home of Computer Investigative Specialists
- International group of former law enforcement members specializing in forensic computer science. Offer expertise and training in seizing computers and recovering lost data.
International Internet Investigators
- Police Officers and Law Enforcement Officers from around the world volunteering time to fighting crime on the Internet and Protecting the Internet users of all ages. Report an Internet Crime here.
Internet Law Library
- International listings of and link to laws, codes, statutes, and law journals dealing with computers and the law. On-line translators available. Links to other law related sites. Has internal search engine.
Internet Safety Awareness
- How to 'safely surf the net' tips.
Law on Cyberjurisdiction and Cybercrime on the Internet
- A paper from 1999 by Gabriole Zeviar-Geese of California Pacific School of Law concerning problems with applying law in cyberspace. Bibliography included.
Metropolitan Police, Internet Related Crime
- UK law in relation to Internet crime, how to report illegal material.
National Fraud Center
- Proposal advocating various forms of authentication to stop identity theft. Bibliography.
Public Interest Research Groups (PIRG)
- State based consumer advocacy group report on protecting yourself against Identity Theft.
Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (2000)
- A summary of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), passed in the UK in July 2000.
Special Focus on Law Enforcement Online
- Links to articles concerning government actions against crime in cyberspace and the use of the Internet to commit crimes in the real world and the impact on personal privacy.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor