War, Weapons and Defense
Submit a site
International Criminal Court
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Crimes Against Humanity" reviewed
- A book review of Geoffrey Robertson's history of modern human rights and the progress towards enforceable international laws against war crimes.
CBC News - War Crimes
- Canadian Broadcast Company's site for war crimes in Yugoslavia, Bosnia, and Rwanda.
Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (CSCE)
- The CSCE (Helsinki Commission) is a part of the executive and legislative branches of the U.S. Government and monitors human rights in Europe.
Crimes of War Project
- Dedicated to raising awareness of the laws of war and war crimes among the media, policy makers, human rights and humanitarian aid workers, and the general public.
Crying for Justice
- Houston Chronicle special report.
Defending a Person Charged with Genocide
- Chicago Journal of International Law (2000).
Diana Index: Genocide
- The cases, collections, or documents that pertain to genocide, from Diana collection at Yale.
Gardens of the Righteous Worldwide
- International project aimed at highlighting the men and women who resisted crimes against humanity, inspired by Yad Vashem's Garden of the Righteous in Jerusalem. Events, background, and related links.
General William T. Sherman: Would the Georgia Campaigns of the First Commander of the Modern Era Comply with Current Law of War Standards?
- Emory International Law Review 9.2, Fall 1995.
Guardian: War crimes tribunals
- What are war crimes and what can the tribunal do?
Humanitarianism and War Project, Brown University
- Reviews the experience of the international community in responding to complex emergencies around the world, examines the interaction between humanitarian action and political-military forces. Relying primarily on the data gathered from interviews with those involved in crises, it frames recommendations to improve the functioning of the world's humanitarian system.
International Humanitarian Law
- Information, treaties, and legal materials, from the International Committee of the Red Cross. Includes the Geneva Conventions and their additional protocols.
International Humanitarian Law (IHL)
- A Red Cross resource.
- Human Rights Watch campaign.
International Military Law
- This Australian site explores and debates international law issues arising out of the increasing use of military personnel in circumstances below the threshold of armed conflict.
International Society for Military Law and the Law of War
International War and Peace Reporting
- Uncensored reporting from Eastern Europe, Southeastern Europe (Balkan) and the Caucasus.
International criminal tribunals: Handbook for government cooperation
- Amnesty International resource.
Law and War: A Doctrine of Deterrence
- From UN Chronicle 35 (1998), by Anthony D'Amato.
Make warriors behave
- Editorial by Cornelio Sommaruga, president of the ICRC, for Daily Mail & Guardian, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor