2001 World Trade Center and Pentagon Attack
News and Media
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
'Black Box' from Pennsylvania Crash Found
- Searchers Thursday found one of the boxes from United Airlines Flight 93. Debris has been found up to six miles away from the crash site.
8 Arrested at Two NYC Airports in Security Crackdown
- One US official reported that there may have been another hijacking attempt thwarted Thursday by increased security at New York's two major airports.
A Witness to the Destruction
- Interview by anchor Natalie Allen with Louis Lesce, who was on the 86th floor of the World Trade Center's north tower.
Agreement Reached on $40 Billion Aid Package
- The White House and Congress have agreed on a bill, set to be signed by the President on Saturday.
Airline Employees Intentionally Breach Security
- Three Northwest Airlines employees intentionally breached a security checkpoint at Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix as flights resumed Thursday.
Airlines Brace for Worsening Crisis
- Airlines call for federal assistance because of the anticipated lack of air traffic and potential job cuts.
Ashcroft Wants Tougher Anti-Terrorism Laws
- In a meeting with FBI Director Robert Mueller and congressional leaders, Ashcroft discussed a proposal to give federal investigators broader powers.
Asia Pledges Cooperation in Hunt for Attackers
- Asian leaders have almost universally condemned Tuesday's terrorist attacks, with several offering cooperation in the hunt for the culprits.
Attacks Draw Mixed Response in Mideast
- Leaders of many Middle Eastern nations have condemned the terror attacks, with a few notable exceptions.
Bin Laden Says He Wasn't Behind Attacks
- Bin Laden continues to deny having any role in the actions believed to have killed thousands.
Blair: We are All at Risk
- UK Prime Minister Tony Blair says international community gives its full backing to the fight between the civilized world and fanaticism.
Bush Administration Puts Pressure on Pakistan
- The US wants Pakistan's help in finding those responsible for the terrorist attacks, bringing them to justice and assisting with a potential retaliatory attack.
Bush Gets Strong Support from Congress, NATO
- Summary of events and information on NATO's support of the US.
Bush Offers Comfort to Mourners, Warning to Terrorists
- Information on Bush's appearance at at Friday's National Day of Prayer and Remembrance service in Washington.
Bush Surveys Pentagon Damage
- President Bush traveled by motorcade across the Potomac River to see the damage. Information on reconstruction and recovery efforts.
Bush Visiting New York on Friday
- President Bush will go to offer his condolences to the families of those injured or killed, and to thank rescue workers.
Bush Vows to Rid the World of 'Evil-Doers'
- President George W. Bush is confident the nation will rebound from the week's terrorist attacks.
Bush, Pataki, Giuliani: We Will Rebuild
- Transcript of a telephone call Thursday morning between President Bush, New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and New York Gov. George Pataki.
Bush: 'We Will Win This War'
- Information on new and developing details on the attacks.
Bush: U.S. Feels 'Quiet, Unyielding Anger'
- Summary and information on President Bush's speech Tuesday night. Also includes a summary of the events.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor