2001 World Trade Center and Pentagon Attack
News and Media
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Finding Disaster Coverage At Search Engines
- Following the unprecedented terrorist attack on the United States, web users turned en masse to search engines for information. It took those services some time to adjust to the demand, but as the day progressed, many came up to speed.
Internet News: Tragedy Results In Web News Gridlock
- Although Web sites like MSNBC.com, CNN.com and CBSNews.com initially began their coverage of Tuesday's tragedy by offering big graphics, live audio, and video, staffers rushed to distribute server loads and put up text-only sites, in an effort to make information as accessible as possible.
MediaGuardian: US Terror Attacks: The Media Response
- Ongoing special report of the worldwide media response and coverage: the news, comment and analysis; the press, broadcasting and online coverage; the effects on the media. Daily roundup of worldwide press coverage. Complete archive and picture galleries. UK.
Poynter: Covering the Attack
- Articles about leading the newsroom, planning ahead, ethics issues, online coverage, visual journalism, analysis of coverage, ideas, personal stories and coping with the story. Articles indexed by topic, date and author. From Poynter Institute, a journalism school.
Terror and the Web
- A look at the effects on news services and other Internet-related aspects of the attacks.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor