Science and Technology
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Focused Study on Nanobiotechnology
- A report from the US military on the implications of nanobiotechnology.
- The Foresight Institute's goal is to guide emerging technologies (especially nanotechnology) to improve the human condition.
Molecular Nanotechnology and the World System - NanoWar
- by Thomas McCarthy. "Molecular nanotechnology (MNT) is an emerging technology that has the potential to redefine the sources of power in the world and to change the structure of the international system, thus influencing the business of states, from how they live and trade to how they conduct war."
- Seminal paper which argues that nanotechnology projections need to be tempered by realism about what it will be used for in the hands of corporations and governments - but that nanotechnology also offers enormous opportunities for the liberation of humanity.
Nanotechnology makes the SchNEWS
- Molecular nanotechnology, the science of the very small, could make the current furore over genetic engineering seem like a storm in a teacup, writes Robin Green. It's a technology that could radically reshape everyone's lives, and depending on how it is controlled, could be a powerful tool for corporations and governments to gain frightening new levels of power and control over ordinary people's lives - or it could be a startling new tool for liberation.
Nanotechnology without Genies
- Critique of the belief system associated with nanotechnology. (However, much of it demonstrates a severe failure to understand the arguments of key nanotechnology advocates.)
Nanotechnology: The Coming Molecular Revolution
- Student report on the potential for nanotechnology from a management point of view.
Societal Implications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Report from an interdisplinary workshop held at the National Science Foundation (U.S.), covering a range of topics in the area of ethical, legal, social, cultural, medical, political, and environmental implications.
Why we need nanotechnology to solve the population crisis, pollution, global warming etc.
- Nanotechnology is the only realistic solution to these enormous problems facing humanity today, says Prof. Rick Smalley. Those who are sceptical of "technological fixes" should still read this - nanotechnology will be like no other technology the world has known.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor