Science and Technology
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alliance for Bio-Integrity
- Protecting the consumers right to eat safe genetically unaltered food.
- The confluence between art and biotech activism. Home of the Hexterminators, Artists for Responsible Genetics, the Terminator Art Gallery and more. Includes Urgent Action Updates, news and photos.
Bioengineering Action Network
- BAN is a site for direct actionists who are opposed to bioengineering. Publishing up-to-date research on the industry, science, and activism.
- Mostly antibiotech news with a couple of links.
Campaign for Labeling Genetically Engineered Foods
- Mandatory requirement that genetically engineered foods be labeled as such. Petition organized by Mothers for Natural Law (On Line or PDF petition)
Campaign for Food Safety and Organic Consumers Action
- For the labeling of genetically engineered, biotech, GMO, and Novel food. Also encourages organic food and pesticide reduction. Advocates concern about the dangers of food irradiation. A clearinghouse for activists.
Campaign to Label Genetically Engineered Foods
- Offers news updates, educational information and letters people can send to their US Congressional Representatives in support of labeling legislation.
First Monsanto Field Reduced to Ashes
- The direct action campaign of Indian farmers Operation 'Cremate Monsanto' where an illegal genetic experiment was being conducted. All the plants in the field were piled up and set on fire.
Friends of the Earth: Genetically Modified Food
- UK national campaign outlines its aims, concerns about genetically engineered foods, a shopper's guide and an action plan.
- Concerned with the ethics and risks of genetic engineering. Fact sheets, publications and a database of GM crops and foods. (Please note that GeneWatch UK should not be confused with The Council for Responsible Genetics in the USA which publishes a newsletter called GeneWatch.)
- Supports discussions against genetic engineering.
- Jeremy Rifkin applies for patent on human gene scrambling to prevent anyone doing it for 20 years! Civil Aboilitionist.
Genetic Engineering and Its Dangers
- Large links list to general, ethical and technical information about the dangers of genetic engineering in general and its use in food production, biowarfare and human beings.
Genetically Engineered Food
- Health and environmental risks with scientific findings. News, information, regulation, campaigns, links, books.
Genetically Engineered Food Alert
- Advocates FDA-mandated testing and labeling of GE foods. Learning resources and activism information.
Genetically-Engineered Food Dangers
- Features articles critical of genetically engineered food, links and listservs.
- From urban75, "one of the UK's busiest online magazines". Contains a HUGE list of contacts and links to further info.
- Handbook for removal of generically modified plants from release sites in Britain.
- The UK Genetic Engineering Network (GEN) is an information sharing network for anyone actively campaigning against genetic engineering.
Gllobal Alliance Against GE Trees
- The Global Alliance Against GE Trees (GAAGET) is an international network of NGOs and individuals working to prevent the release of genetically engineered trees into the environment. The Alliance focuses on networking and information exchange between these groups.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor