Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ACLU: NY Times Op-Ed Advertisement
- A public stand against civil asset forfeiture, from the American Civil Liberties Union.
American Forfeiture Law: Property Owners Meet the Prosecutor
- A Policy Analysis from the Cato Institute that discusses the history of forfeiture and how it has enhanced the power of government over people and their property in ways that are difficult to reconcile with long-cherished constitutional rights.
- A ZMagazine article by Susan Meeker Lowry. This widely acclaimed writer and activist for environment, social responsibility, tells why the laws put on the books ostensibly for the "war on drugs," in fact rob citizens of rights to due process and a fair trial.
- Liberty Activists suggests that we bring the issue of civil asset forfeiture to public attention in a simple yet riveting manner; by protesting at the auctions where the seized property is being sold to the highest bidder
Bill Of Attainder Project
- A civil liberties organization started by the Libertarian Party of Oklahoma, which contacts political activists, organizations and others to oppose forfeiture.
Drug Warriors Blink
- The U.S. House has passed the Asset Forfeiture Reform Act (6/24/99) in a statement against law enforcement excesses.
Drug loot fuels drug war
- A series of articles on forfeiture by the Standard Times newspaper of SouthCoast, MA. Very balanced, providing views from both sides of this issue.
Forfeiture Endangers American Rights Foundation
- National nonprofit organization dedicated to reform of federal and state asset forfeiture laws, to add additional safeguards to the forfeiture process.
Forfeiture Reform Activists: Support Resources
- This site provides supporting material, links, etc. for the activists that are fighting for forfeiture reform. In particular the intent is to provide resources in support of the current Forfeiture Reform Bill, now in the U.S. Senate.
Kessler: Civil Forfeiture Articles
- Steven L. Kessler is recognized as one of the leading authorities in the areas of civil forfeiture and RICO. This is a list of his legal articles that have appeared in law journals.
Liberty, Attainder, Bills of Attainder & the Constitution
- Includes information relating the prohibition of Bills of Attainder to asset forfeiture.
Property and Liberty: You can't give up one without losing the other
- Asserting that private property rights are necessary for personal freedom.
Reforming Property Forfeiture Laws to Protect Citizens Rights
- A study of asset forfeiture by the Macinac Center, which concludes nine specific reforms are necessary to reduce the unfairness and abuses of the present system.
Steven L. Kessler, lawyer specializing in RICO and forfeiture
- Steven L. Kessler is a recognized expert in RICO and forfeiture. Author of several books, read his latest articles on the website.
The Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act 1997 (Testimony)
- Congressional testimony from Roger Pilon, Ph.D., J.D., Senior Fellow and Director Center for Constitutional Studies, Cato Institute, before the Committee on the Judiciary, United States House of Representatives, June 11, 1997.
The Drug Policy Foundation Takes on Civil Asset Forfeiture
- Civil Asset Forfeiture policy stance taken by the Drug Policy Foundation, an independent, non-profit organization with over 20,000 members that publicizes alternatives to the failing 'war on drugs'
The Government's Legal Theft Racket
- Spirited attack on forfeiture law, by Michael Fumento. Discusses Tina Bennis case and others.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor