Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Law and Technology Essays [Dr. R. Standler]
- Attorney's home page including numerous essays about law, privacy, and technology issues
Linda Tripp Indictment Raises New Questions and Conflicts
- Commentary and resources on the indictment of Linda Tripp by Maryland authorities for her secret recordings of Monica Lewinski. From About.Com
- Links to a variety of security applications for computers. Also has a free test scan so see how secure your machine is. Includes explanations of many back doors to your computer.
NYC Surveillance Camera Project
- New York City has been installing cameras throughout the city. Has lots of information, including camera locations.
National Organization for Non-Enumeration
- A nationwide movement dedicated to educating American citizens of their rights and responsibilities under the Federal Social Security Act, including the right to privacy and refusing to be enumerated under the Act.
- Forum provided by the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Committee on Computers and Public Policy, Cable & Wireless USA, Cisco Systems, Inc., and Telos Systems.
- Links to articles and opinions about a variety of privacy issues from medical records to bank statements. Articles have linked bibliographies.
- This site provides links to a variety of privacy related news, software, and issues.
- Covers the items directly and indirectly impacting your privacy such as cryptography, wiretaps, Free Speech, DNA and genetic testing, and database tracking in general. Archive goes back to 1997.
Privacy Law In the USA
- Essay on privacy law in the United States, by Dr. R. Standler. Focuses on invasions of privacy by journalists and searches of garbage.
- Links to headline news regarding data privacy taken from over a variety of sources.
- Campaign against supermarket tracking by discount cards. This site focuses on Kroger.
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
- A nonprofit consumer education and advocacy project whose purpose is to advocate for consumers' privacy rights in public policy proceedings.
- Privacy Times (Newsletter) covers information law and policy, including Internet privacy, Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, financial, medical and communications privacy, and EU Directive.
Privacy and Civil Liberties
- From Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility - program information and links.
- Tips for ensuring the security of transactions online, on the telephone, and around the home.
Screen for genes
- A site concerned with the impact of the Human Genome Project and particularly maintaining genetic databases. Links to various related sites.
Speak out on privacy
- Links to news articles concerning privacy related issues. Has forum and debate areas.
State Surveillance in the Internet.
- A paper on surveillance and surveillance theory on the Internet by Francisco Javier Bernal. Active link bibliography.
- Dedicated to the sole purpose of stopping the deployment of the FBI's ISP spy tool called Carnivore.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor