Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ACLU In Brief: Computers, Phones & Privacy
- The policy stance of the American Civil Liberties Union on encryption and your privacy.
BBC News - Encryption - The Great Debate
- National security or the empowerment of Big Brother? Opposing forces in the great encryption battle say that it is going to be one or the other.
CDT Encryption Issues Page
- Information and news about cryptography related legislation in the United States. Very pro-crypto.
Center for Democracy and Technology - Encryption Issues
- "Pro-crypto" resources and news about cryptography related legislation in the United States from the CDT
Crypto Law Survey
- Bert-Jaap Koops homepage on several countries' cryptography export laws.
Cryptography and Liberty 1999
- An international survey of encryption policy published and sold by the Electronic Privacy Information Center, Washington, DC.
Cryptography: Scientific Freedom and Human Rights Issues
- U.S. Congressional briefing: Was held to bring two more issues into the policy discussion: scientific freedom to conduct and express cryptographic research, and human rights applications of cryptographic technologies.
- Cryptography news and resources, including software.
Hermetic Systems: Cryptography
- Explanation of encryption, ECHELON, multiple file encryption software, and why you need encryption.
How the Internet Will Be Censored - A Parable
- The perfect parable for the Internet...how YOU are going to lose your freedom of speech and your right to privacy.
ITAR Civil Disobedience
- Protest against cryptography export restrictions in the USA. Become an "illegal" international arms trafficker with one click. List of known arms traffickers.
Libertarians for Privacy Headquarters!
- Help promote freedom of privacy, Join the Libertarians for Privacy Team, and crack both weak keys and strong ones, to prove our right to privacy should be protected!
Michael Froomkin's homepage
- Contains links to many articles about legal aspects of encryption, including Clipper Chip, export control, privacy, anonymity
- Documents related to encryption policy and regulation.
RC5 Cracking Project at Distributed.net
- Distributed.net demonstrates regularly that the kinds of encryption the US government allows is hopelessly weak, while the kind they ban is the only kind that ensures privacy. This is done by distributing clients which crack test keys, with money to the first to break a key...the "legal" ones take days, the "illegal" ones take years.
STAND Adopt An MP
- Adopt your UK Members of Parliament and educate them about encryption issues.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor