Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Voice your opinions on any issue that comes to mind, or simply blow off steam. There are no restrictions on what you may have to say.
Open Studio: The Arts Online
- Free Speech in the modern era requires visual images to communicate.
Photography in the Age of Falsification
- Nature photographers face a crisis of ethics as digital imaging makes photo fakery easier than ever [Atlantic Monthly]
RCFP First Amendment Handbook
- Part of the Reporter's Committee for Freedom of the Press site. Contains a fount of information on the application of the First Amendment to such issues as access to the courts, gag orders, access to places, freedom of information and libel. Well organized and well written.
Religious Right, an 18 year study
- People for the American Way studies U.S. religious right from among other standpoints, concerns about free speech, separation of church and state, minorities.
Save Pacifica Radio
- Group to restore democratic voice to governance by the community, for the community of progressives of Pacifica Radio.
Suppression of dissent
- The general field of "suppression of dissent" includes whistleblowing, free speech, systems of social control and related topics. The purpose of the site is to foster examination of these issues and action against suppression. It is founded on the assumption that openness and dialogue should be fostered to challenge unaccountable power.
The Case Against Pacifica Radio
- Rafael Renteria in this CounterPunch article, Challenges Pacifica Radio managers and board with duplicity, misleading statements, and a plan to sabotage its progressive quality.
The Freedom Forum Online
- A nonpartisan, international foundation dedicated to free press, free speech and free spirit for all people. The foundation pursues its priorities through conferences, educational activities, publishing, broadcasting, online services, fellowships, partnerships, training, research and other programs.
The Jefferson Muzzles Awards
- Announced on April 13, the anniversary of the birth of Thomas Jefferson, the award's namesake, the Jefferson Muzzles go to individuals or organizations responsible for particularly egregious limitations to free expression.
The Raving Lunatic -Digital Free Press
- This site is dedicated to making available information concerning the struggles of all peoples, so that we may help one another along.
The Shoebox Forum
- Enabling free speech access for workers who might not otherwise have such a voice. Part of "Blue Information Systems," Weld, Maine.
Toward Freedom Online
- Toward freedom is an online and print magazine which offers a progressive perspective on world events.
Unlimited Freedom of Speech
- An extensive compilation of links and resources pertaining to freedom of expression and related issues.
Unquiet Mind's Animal Rights Parody
- Information that challenges one of the animal rights activist groups, "What PETA gets, and doesn't, about parody."
Where's the watchdog?
- Instead of public news, the news media focus on the culture of celebrity, and sensational entertainment. The Freedom Forum asks: Can there be free speech when "news" is so distorted ?
- The goal of Whistleblowers Australia (WBA) is to help promote a society in which it is possible to speak out without reprisal about corruption, dangers to the public and other vital social issues, and to help those who speak out in this way to help themselves.
Win at All Costs
- A special report by the Pittsburgh Post - Gazette on how attourneys and federal agents lie, hide evidence, engage in coverups, pay for perjury, and set up innocent people on order to win indictments, guilty pleas and convictions - a two-year investigation.
- The writings of Claire Wolfe, Patricia Neill and other lovers of liberty. It is also dedicated to all people who choose to be free, rather than wait for others to free them.
World Press Freedom Committee (WPFC)
- WPFC is 37 organizations on five continents, defending the freedom of the press and assisting independent news media organizations around the world.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor