Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alejandra Matus, Chilean journalist
- ARLINGTON, Va. Alejandra Matus, the Chilean journalist whose controversial book about her country's judicial system was impounded in April, accused Chilean authorities yesterday of violating her free-expression and intellectual-property rights in a complaint submitted to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights in Washington, D.C.
Behind Closed Doors
- Forced overtime, dismal wages, the denial of access to medical care, poor ventilation, exposure to dangerous fumes, verbal abuse, public humiliation, and the repression of the right to organize are all standard working conditions for the women and men laboring in the maquilas of Central America. Report on National Labor Coalition about U.S. student observers' report.
Cancer in the Gulf
- Growing evidence of links between cancers in Iraq and the use of depleted uranium shells by American and British forces during the 1991 Gulf War. By Robert Fisk, in the Independent, UK.
Catholic Christian Defense League & Soviets Crimes
- Paper with citations alleging a cover up and continuation of a famine imposed upon people of Eastern Europe in the mid twentieth century.
Freedom of Expression Links
- Extensive list at McMaster University in Canada which allows investigative journalists and lay persons access to contradictory, complex and other issues of Free Speech.
How media "frames" what it reports`
- Enlightening study of process and outcome of mass media framing what it presents.
JAMAJO System (Public Opinion Investigation)
- Opinions on wide variety of questions. Participate in discussions (chat, articles, commentaries).
Justice for Sale
- Frontline investigation of whether cash contributions to judicial political campaigns is corrupting America's courts.
Mainstream Media ignore the Americas
- Progressive source revealing news from Central America, missed in mainstream U.S. press coverage.
Minority bank and financial data
- Creative Investments company provides information on minorities' ownership and involvement in management hierarch of Black, Asian, Hispanic and related banks, thrift and other financial institutions in U.S.
New listing on investigative aspects surrounding free speech
- Temporary URL in Memphis
Pentagon Poison: The Great Radioactive Ammo Cover-Up
- Rounds made of depleted uranium have exposed hundreds, perhaps thousands, of G.I.s to radiation without warning -- here's evidence the army knew the danger. [The Nation Online]
Powerful Programs Inc.
- Remote login web server so you can view the data remotely completely undetected. Ideal for parents and Network Admins.
Public Affairs Books
- Review of Jon Entine's "Taboo: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We Are Afraid to Talk About It"
Secret Interference - Patricia Verdugo
- Award winning human rights journalist provides online transcripts of Chilean power brokers. Most of audio in Español. Site biligual.
Sustainable Energy and Economy Network
- SEEN aims to inform citizens to respond to climate change, and the growing energy needs of people in developing countries, particularly the poorest, sustainably and equitably.
Teledemocracy vs. Deliberative Democracy
- Scott London opens one's eyes to how free speech can be so readily subverted and transformed as to make the original meaning of a message, meaningless or different than what was presented initially.
The Loka Institute
- Non-profit research and advocacy organization concerned with the social, political, and environmental repercussions of research, science and technology.
The Truth In Ireland Legal Defense Fund
- Supports author Sean McPhilemy and publisher Roberts Rinehart concerning their book "The Committee: Political Assassination in Northern Ireland," in a $100 million libel suite, filed by two brothers named as murder conspiritors in the book.
What ails journalism
- Scott London's thought provoking article would lead us to think that journalism may impede the free flow of what is actually going on in the world.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor