Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Migrants' Rights International (MRI)
- Information and documents relating to the MRI organization, and its campaign to ratify the 1990 convention for migrants' human rights.
Office of The Americas
- Los Angeles-based organization documenting current events and political activism in North America and Latin America, including human rights, and United States foreign policy.
Penal Reform International
- Information about hundreds of thousands of people being held in prisons worldwide, many who are innocent.
Physicians For Human Rights
- Mobilizes health professions and the public to protect the human rights of all people. A founder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, PHR shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize.
Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign
- Portrays national effort led by poor and homeless families for activism in poverty and welfare reform, as well as human rights violations in the USA.
RESULTS: Ending hunger and poverty
- Nonprofit, grassroots citizens's lobby working to create the political will to end hunger and the worst aspects of poverty, and committed to having individual citizens have a breakthrough in realizing their own personal and political power.
Reporters without Borders
- "Reporters without borders" is an organization which fights for the press freedom and denounces the violations of the human rights all over the world.(Click on English, French or Spanish version.)
Rights & Democracy
- Canadian institution with an international mandate to promote human rights in four specific fields: women's rights, indigenous peoples' rights, democratic development, globalization. Works in Africa, Latin America and Asia. In English, French and Spanish languages.
- US-based group, representing victims of human rights violations in international tribunals where governments violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other treaties.
Scholars at Risk Network
- Aids scholars outside the United States whose work is threatened by mass or individual displacement, discrimination, censorship, harassment, intimidation, or violence.
The Advocacy Project
- Supporting community campaigners with information and information technology in their work for social justice, human rights, and peace.
The Human Rights Brief
- A publication reporting on and analyzing international humanitarian law and current human rights issues.
The Partnet Project
- An international action and research project against social exclusion, managed by INDE with the support of European Commission. In Portuguese, English, Spanish and French.
The Social Justice Committee
- From Montreal, this organization fights poverty and human rights abuses. Education and advocacy for human rights protection in Central America and Mexico, and for economic justice in the Third World.
Universal Rights Network
- Created to promote the 50th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Uses video and other technology to fight for human rights. Group works in partnership with activists around the world to document abuses and bring evidence before courts, governments, the media, and the world.
World Commission For Peace and Human Rights Council
- Addresses human rights generally, also landmines, and biological/chemical weapons.
World Organisation Against Torture
- International coalition of NGOs fighting against torture, summary executions, forced disappearances and all other forms of cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment. Site features press releases, urgent appeals and the International Observatory of the Protection of Human Right Defenders.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor