Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Forcing students to "volunteer" is not really public service at all, it's more like slavery. Volunteering cannot be involuntary.
A Draft After the 2000 Elections?
- There may yet be a military draft in your future if youll be turning 20 in 2001, once the elections are out of the way. In late July of this year Newsday published a Los Angeles Times dispatch reporting that, key members of Congress military committees, for the first time in a generation, are discussing revival of the draft.
Campaign against Servitude
- This is the website of the Ayn Rand Institute's campaign against Bill Clinton's Philadelphia Summit promoting citizen service. ARI has labelled the summit 'Anti-American'
- Last week's House vote to eliminate draft registration was a symbolic blow against a vestige of slavery.
Draft Not Needed for Protection of Liberty
- When a federal agency admits that it could stand to cut a program, everyone should take notice. Especially when the program carries a $25 million price tag that could be better spent caring for our veterans. In 1994 a Department of Defense document was released saying that the time had come to end the inefficient Selective Service draft registration system. Article by Representative Ron Paul (R) of Texas
Draft Registration: The Politics of Institutional Immortality
- Even the Department of Defense acknowledges that registration could be dropped with no effect on military mobilization requirements. Yet draft registration lives on, an example of the difficulty of terminating even the most useless government programs.
European Campaign Against Conscription
- Struggling to end this inhumane form of oppression.
Manifesto against Conscription and the Military System
- It is our belief that conscript armies, with their large corps of professional officers, are a grave menace to peace. Conscription involves the degradation of human personality, and the destruction of liberty. Barrack life, military drill, blind obedience to commands, however unjust and foolish they may be, and deliberate training for slaughter undermine respect for the individual, for democracy and human life.
Neither Fair Nor Useful
- we believe the State must not arbitrarily and systematically oblige its citizens to go into a service, armed or not, against their will. In the case of military service the italian law on conscience objection admits that Against conscription: It is unfair to force people to do this kind of "service" against their conscience; in the case of civil service we believe one must not violently enforce solidarity and "volunteering".
- When the First World War was declared two pacifists, Clifford Allen and Fenner Brockway, formed the this organisation, which encourages men to refuse war service. The group received support from public figures such as Bertrand Russell, Philip Snowden, Bruce Glasier, Robert Smillie, and Rev. John Clifford.
Resisting Military Conscription through Taxation
- Some governments actually have the gall to tax you for failing to join the military, even in the US!
Slavery in the Modern United States?
- Conscription, aka The Draft, is a form of slavery, as horrible as any other. If a country cannot fill the ranks of its military voluntarily, whether in Vietnam or the Civil War, does it deserve their support at all?
Turning Eighteen in America: Thoughts on Conscription
- The draft also is a blatant attack on the Thirteenth Amendment, which prohibits involuntary servitude. If the federal government fought individual states over the legalization of private-sector slavery, then should it not also be equally compelled to decry public-sector servitude? Of course it should, but an elastically interpreted "living Constitution" makes all sorts of public schemes safe from legal reproach.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor