Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Utility Security L.L.P.
- Certified professionals providing homeland security mandated vulnerability assessments and emergency response plans to community water systems throughout the United States.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Canal To Save The Salton Sea
- Advocates building a sea level canal to save the dying Salton Sea in opposition to several stopgap remedies proposed by the federal government.
- American Rivers is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of North America's rivers.
American Water Relief
- a nonprofit organization for the improvement of life in poor countries of the Americas, through the provision of water and sanitation services. Group raises funds to assist with creating water systems.
Center for Watershed Protection
- Provides practical and technical information for people and communities interested in protecting and restoring urban watersheds, primarily in the United States.
Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger (CSWAB)
- CSWAB, a Wisconsin non-profit organization, works for expedient cleanup of contamination at Badger Army Ammunition Plant and to preserve and protect water resources.
Clean Water Action
- A national citizens' organization working for clean, safe, and affordable water, and prevention of health-threatening pollution.
Clean Water Fund
- Clean Water Fund, a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit, brings diverse communities together to work for changes that improve our lives, promoting sensible solutions for people and the environment.
Des Plaines River Watershed Alliance
- Coalition of organizations and individuals that live, work, study, own property and play along the river and in the watershed acting together to preserve, protect and restore its land, water and life.
Des Plaines Watershed Team
- organization of volunteers focused on flooding, water quality and related stormwater issues within the entire Des Plaines River watershed.
- Research paper discussing proposals to decommision Glen Canyon Dam and drain Lake Powell.
Grand Lake St. Marys Watershed Project
- Mercer and Auglaize Counties, Ohio. General and specific watershed information. Stream monitoring projects that let the public get involved. Check out the Kids' section for activities to try at home!
Hasty and Vevey Creeks Watershed
- Information on a British Columbia watershed whose pure water supply is threatened by industrial logging.
King County Water and Land Resources
- A Christian, non-profit organization helping rural poor (around the world) obtain safe drinking water. Lifewater Canada trains people to drill safe drinking water wells and build water pumps (handpumps). On-line resources include a 100-page water well drilling and hand pumps tutorial.
NM Water Connections
- NM Water Connections is a resource for all those interested in water issues in the state of New Mexico, providing the means to collaborate with other environmental groups to achieve common goals.
Okanogan Highlands Alliance
- Effort to protect Buckhorn Mountain, in the Okanogan Highlands of Washington State, from an international gold company's proposal to contaminate our water for a pickup truck load of gold.
Pigs, Poop, and Politics
- A group of concerned citizens in Sainte-Marie-de-Kent are determined to stop a hog farm in their community. The operation houses 10,000 pigs. And some people say that's just too big.
Raritan Basin Watershed Management Project
- Watershed management project for the 1,100 square mile Raritan River Basin in central New Jersey.
Skelmorlie Action Group
- A community's revolt against the proposed sewage treatment plants on the North Ayrshire coastline.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor