Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Explores the use of science in social and environmental policy and advocates precautionary and community-based research approaches. Provides information and resources on projects, current activities and research.
Conservation Law Foundation
- Uses law, economics and science to solve the environmental problems that threaten the people, natural resources and communities of New England.
Energy Probe Research Foundation
- Comprised of Probe International, Energy Probe, Environmental Bureau of Investigation, Environment Probe, Urban Renaissance Institute, Consumer Policy Institute, and Margaret Laurence Fund. One of Canada's leading environmental and public policy research institutes.
Environmental Technology and Public Policy Program
- ETP was created to conduct research on how government policies affect the development of new environmental technologies.
Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI)
- Researches renewable energy, energy efficiency, climate change, smart growth, alternative fuels, and advanced vehicle technologies.
Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment
- FREE advances conservation and environmental values by applying modern science and America's founding ideas to policy debates.
Interstate Technology and Regulatory Cooperation
- ITRC is a state-led national coalition dedicated to better environmental protection through innovative technologies. ITRC helps reduce the technical and regulatory barriers to the deployment of new environmental technologies.
Israel Environmental Policy Information Center
- Offers summaries of important environmental policy research conducted in Israel.
- Policy and technical analysis of energy and environmental issues as well as environmental education. Explores both market mechanisms and traditional approaches to achieving environmental improvement, energy efficiency, and sustainability. [Mainly lists of links but a few reports]
National Endangered Species Act Reform Coalition
- A broad based coalition of roughly 200 member organizations, representing millions of individuals across the United States, that is dedicated to bringing balance back to the Endangered Species Act.
National Wetlands Coalition
- Opposes current implementation of U.S. wetlands regulations as "burdensome and ineffective regulation of private property that does not function as or provide the ecosystem benefits of high-value wetlands."
National Wilderness Institute
- Dedicated to using science to guide the wise management of natural resources for the benefit and enjoyment of people.
Political Economy Research Center
- Think tank in Montana seeking market solutions to environmental problems. Research and policy analysis covers endangered species, forestry, fisheries, mining, parks and park reform, public lands, property rights, Superfund, user fees, water marketing, wildlife and environmental education.
Resources for the Future
- A nonprofit and nonpartisan think tank located in Washington, DC that conducts independent research rooted primarily in economics and other social sciences on environmental and natural resource issues.
Rocky Mountain Institute
- RMI is an independent, nonprofit research and educational foundation with a mission to foster the efficient and sustainable use of resources as a path to global security. Founded by Amory and Hunter Lovins. Research areas are energy, transportation, green development, climate change, water, economic renewal, corporate sustainability, and security.
Save Our Seas
- A non-profit organization, dedicated to protect, preserve, and restore the world's oceans with proactive stewardship, for future generations.
Science and Environment Health Network
- Began in 1993 when members of the scientific community met to respond to virulent attacks on the environmental agenda. It was clear that science was being misrepresented and misused in environmental public policy.
The Club of Rome
- Think tank of prominent intellectuals from the five continents, who are convinced that the future of humankind is not determined once and for all and that each human being can contribute to the improvement of our societies. Famous for writing the controversial doomsaying document "Limits to Growth".
Waste Policy Center
- WPC deals with environmental management and policy issues related to both business and government organizations.
World Commission on Protected Areas
- To promote the establishment and effective management of a worldwide, representative network of terrestrial and marine protected areas as an integral contribution to the IUCN mission.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor