Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ABC News - In Praise of Darkness
- Discusses how lighting can be carcinogenic, ecologically-damaging and crime-inducing.
Architectural Lighting Magazine - Big Cities, Bright Lights: Lighting the Urban Landscape
- Comprehensive technical article on the problems a "brigher lights are better" policy can lead to.
Calgary Herald - Whose bright idea is this?
- Discusses resident's opposition to dimmer lighting in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Dan's Papers - Evening Out: An Accident Waiting To Happen On Main Street In East Hampton Finally Happens
- A story of how lighting can cost lives.
High Country News - January 18, 1999: Starry, starry night
- Explains how the New Mexico Historic Preservation Alliance tthink of the night sky as a cultural resource which helps tourism.
Idaho Mountain Express - 'Dark skies' attitude rewarded
- Explains why Ketchums darksky ordinance is important.
Lighting up Nature
- Discusses the ecological effects of lighting
Lights at Night Mean Trouble for Birds
- Discusses the ornithological effects.
Maryland Public Radio Broadcast
- Simple Audio Explanation of the Problem and how to solve it.
Metro residents want to dim nighttime glare
- Explains the growing movement in Detroit to curb glare with user messages on the issue.
More Light - More Security?
- Scientific article discussing the ecologically-damaging and crime-inducing effects of the problem.
Night Lights - Development Sparks Light Pollution Concerns
- A comprehensive article stating the case for less-polluting lighting.
Our View: The Night Light Ain't No Good light, But It's my Light
- The Idaho Statesman explains why readers should support the proposed state lighting ordinance.
Panel wants city lights to shine
- Explains backlash to San Diego council decision to install brighter lighting.
Reduced Energy Usage
- Explains why legislation is needed in Virginia.
Rise in energy production
- Exxplains that Malta needs to cut down on energy consumption.
Sky & Telescope - Dissecting Light Pollution
- An article which explains succinctly what the problem is.
Sky & Telescope - Fred Schaaf's Light-Pollution Notes
- An interesting series of articles appearing between 1993 and 1998 with a range of topical information relevant to the period.
The Day - The Fight To Reclaim Night Sky From Light
- Explains how public commitment and legislation can reverse the problem so future generations can see the stars.
The Hartford Courant - Are Night Lights Too Bright?
- Explains concerns over plans for brighter lighting in Salisbury.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor