Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ACSH on Food Safety
- American Council on Science and Health's food safety page.
Campaign for Food Safety
- Pure Food Campaign acts to require disclosure of what is in food and what has been done in processing it. Affiliated with Center for Food Safety and Organic Consumers Association.
Campaign to Ban Genetically Engineered Foods
- Articles and links concerning genetically engineered foods.
Committee on Toxicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment (COT)
- Part of the US Department of Health, this committee makes recommendations on the safety of food and commercial products. The site is very dry reading, but contains quite a bit of good information.
Conscious Choice - Food Department
- From Conscious Choice - The Journal of Ecology and Natural living comes a collection of useful articles such as: "Healthy Eating for Fifi and Fido", "Juicing", "Growing Greens Year Round". It's a wonderful resource for those who want to live and eat responsibly.
E. Coli Food Safety News: MedNews.Net®
- Offers information about E.Coli and food safety (E. coli O157:H7). Access to news, information, books and literature searches.
Environmental Toxins in Air, Food, & Water
- It is estimated that 60 to 80 percent of all cancers are a direct result of chemicals in our air, water and food. Known neurotoxins that we are most commonly exposed to are lead, mercury, cadmium and pesticides. What can we do? (InnerSelf Magazine)
Human Instinctive Behavior
- The Research and Observation Center of Human Instinctive Behavior hypothesizes that consumption of processed foods disrupts human instincts towards peaceful coexistence with others.
MSG and Hidden MSG
- Letters and articles concerning MSG in food.
Mothers & Others for a Livable Planet
- Consumer education organization focusing on sustainable and healthy choices. Monthly newsletter, The Green Guide, tells how to make environmental change at home.
- Articles intended to educate and raise awareness of the issues of food safety and the degradation of the food supply.
Questions and Answers - Food
- Answers to some common environmental health questions from NIEHS, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
The Center for Food Safety
- A public interest and environmental advocacy organization which works to address the impacts of our food production system on human health, animal welfare and the environment.
The Food Commission
- The UK's leading independent watchdog on food issues.
The Spelt Pages
- Information site discussing the reintroduction and development of the ancient grain spelt Spelt is an ancient grain, a "grandparent" of modern wheats
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor