Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- The organization responsible for the American College Test, required for admission to the public colleges in the majority of states; manages other tests and programs, too.
AFT: Academic Standards Main Page
- Research and opinion from the American Federation of Teachers on standards and standardized tests.
- Organization devoted to improving the rigor and clarity of the process of standard-setting and testing. Provides standard-setting and benchmarking services to states and districts.
Assn. of American Publishers: School Division
- Organization representing many test and textbook publishers. Site includes relevant links, poll results, and opinion.
Brouhaha on National School Testing
- Most American parents are being told by local schools that their children rank "above average" in both reading and math. Christian Science Monitor.
- Publishes the Mental Measurements Yearbook and Tests in Print. This site provides information about Buros and links to other resources.
CAHRS: Index of Working Papers
- Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies, Cornell University. In particular, see papers by John Bishop on student testing and John Boudreau on personnel testing.
- Conducts research on important topics related to K-12 educational testing. Affiliated with UCLA. Contains varied, interesting, professional research reports.
Center for the Study of Testing, Evaluation, and Educational Policy
- Boston College center, generally critical of standardized testing, housing several research projects, including the NBETPP and CEST.
Cheating Teacher Skews Schools' Test Scores
- The unfair help given to students forced Lawrence, Kansas school officials to ask the state education department to throw out some test results.
College Entrance Examination Board
- Organization representing hundreds of colleges responsible for the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT), the Advanced Placement (AP) program, and various equity efforts.
ERIC/AE Full Text Internet Library
- List of links to dozens of documents on testing in the Education Research Information Clearinghouse: Assessment and Evaluation (ERIC/AE) database.
ETS on the Issues
- Essays from the maker of the SAT, GRE and other well-known standardized tests.
ETS: Policy Information Reports
- Several dozen research reports from the maker of the SAT, GRE and other well-known tests. Reports are authored both by ETS researchers and invited critics.
Education Commission of the States: Assessment
- Assessment issue directory from ECS, an organization formed through a bipartisan interstate compact to help state officials study education issues.
Education Consumers Clearinghouse
- Provides education's consumers access to information and opinion independent of the education community and sympathetic to the consumer's concerns and priorities.
Frontline: Secrets of the SAT
- Television documentary focusing on the college-entrance Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
Measuring What Matters
- Report from business/economic development group supportive of testing.
NCPA - Education - Testing, International Comparisons and Curriculum
- Essays that review news and magazine stories, from the politically conservative National Center for Policy Analysis
NCTE Moves to Present Own Voice on High-Stakes Testing
- Members of the National Council of Teachers of English pass a resolution to encourage continued research regarding the impact of high-stakes testing.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor