Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AFSC's Iraq Program
- The American Friends Service Committee's Iraq program campaigns to end sanctions and bombings in Iraq.
Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq (CASI)
- A UK campaign to lift the U.N. sanctions against Iraq, run by students at Cambridge University. Unicef estimates an additional half million Iraqi children under five years old to have died under the sanctions.
End the Iraqi Sanctions Now
- Economic sanctions against Iraq are killing innocent children by depriving them of clean water and goods necessary for survival.
End the Sanctions Against the Iraqi People - Why and How
- This site has two purposes: to inform people of the effect of the UN imposed sanctions on the people of Iraq and to help people to take action towards bringing these sanctions to a swift end.
Global Movement to End the War against Iraq
- The war against Iraq has entered its eighth year, resulting in over a million deaths in Iraq, 60% of them children. The Global Movement calls for the end of the war against Iraq, by which we mean a cessation of all forms of economic and military violence.
International Action Center
- Coordinates activism and information opposing domestic and international injustices including: US/UN sanctions, US/NATO expansion, Cuba blockade, and Pentagon global military incursions.
Iraq Action Message Board
- A meetinghouse for activists working to relieve the suffering of the Iraqi people under the UN/US sanctions and threat/reality of US/UK military attack. Message Board and Chat Rooms available to "get smarter faster" about effective strategies and tactics, to request/confirm information, etc. Samples: Getting the media's attention; Building support from other organizations/causes; Rallies That Worked; Working the US Congress.
National Petition Against Sanctions on Iraq (UK)
- A UK National Petition to Tony Blair opposing sanctions on Iraq on humanitarian grounds. Aug-Nov 99.
Protest.Net Iraq Related Protests
- Listings of day of and day after protests planned to follow any US action to bomb the Iraqi people. Also includes on going protests to end the sanctions.
Sample Letter of Protest: No to Bombing, No to Sanctions, Yes to Peace!
- Canadian anti-sanctions site devoted to sanctions on Iraq. Also includes international links.
The Children are Dying
- Table of contents and excerpts from the book. "However, the full impact cannot be fathomed without reading the book in its entirety and studying the photographs that bear witness to the crime." Updated edition, 1998.
Traprock Peace Center - Open Letter to US Rep. John Olver
- Urging him to oppose economic sanctions and other violence against Iraq - also links on depleted uranium, resignation of Denis Halliday, food for oil, "dual use," manipulation of UNSCOM and harassment of U.S. citizens who have brought medicine to Iraq.
Voices in the Wilderness
- Voices in the Wilderness delegations journey to Iraq to break the siege and bring desperately needed medical supplies to children and families, and return with eyewitness accounts of the unheeded cries of the Iraqi people.
Why not send a message to the UN General Assembly?
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor