Submit a site
Ecologically Responsible Investing
Free Market Environmentalism
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
All About Trade and the Environment
- Background information on environmental issues associated with NAFTA and the World Trade Organization plus a photo gallery of the WTO protests in Seattle.
Cato Institute Natural Resource Studies
- The leading Washington think tank and policy institute's special division for environmental protection and conservation.
Competitive Enterprise Institute
- A conservative public policy organization dedicated to the principles of free enterprise and limited government.
Cordato: Market-Based Environmentalism
- This page says that "Market based Environmentalism" is not really pro-market or free choice at all, but actually a way to implement the same old socialist controls with a pretty disguise to get gullible capitalists to accept them.
Everythings Coming Up Roses: Economists vs. Environmentalists
- This economist says that the "you can't have your cake and eat it too" approach of economics, forcing responsibility, is the reason some environmentalists try to discredit them.
Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment
- FREE advances conservation and environmental values by applying modern science and America's founding ideas to policy debates.
- A tremendous, nearly exhaustive examination of the economic and free choice aspects of saving our environment and planet.
National Center for Policy Analysis - Environmental Issues
- The non-partisan think-tank's award-winning website has this section dedicated to the solutions for our environmental problems.
- A program of Reason Public Policy Institute that promotes innovative and forward-looking environmental policy
Political Economy Research Center
- Think tank in Montana seeking market solutions to environmental problems. Research and policy analysis covers endangered species, forestry, fisheries, mining, parks and park reform, public lands, property rights, Superfund, user fees, water marketing, wildlife and environmental education.
Reason: Evolutionary Ecology
- An article on the trend of increasing economic influence in a maturing environmental policy.
Resources for the Future
- A nonprofit and nonpartisan think tank located in Washington, DC that conducts independent research rooted primarily in economics and other social sciences on environmental and natural resource issues.
The Economics of Birding
- Commercial development of important wildlife sites may not be the most beneficial use. American Birding Association seeks to help communities assess the economic value of their wildlife sites.
The Electronic Drummer
- The Drummer presents Thoreau Institute reports, recent articles, excerpts from Different Drummer magazine, and data responding to Henry David Thoreau's (the father of environmentalism, author of Walden Pond) call for preserving the environment without big government.
The Future of Environmental Policy: Free Market Environmentalism
- The subject of this page, Free market environmentalism, says that environmental values are best advanced by private property rights, competitive markets, and common law liability rules--not politically determined regulation and government ownership.
The H. John Heinz III Center for Science, Economics and the Environment
- A non-profit institution dedicated to improving the scientific and economic foundation for environmental policy. The Centers distinctive role is to foster collaboration between industry, environmental organizations, government and academia.
The Natural Step/US
- A non-profit environmental education organization working to build an ecologically and economically sustainable society.
The New Economics Foundation
- Works to construct a new economy centered on people and the environment - using techniques such as social and environmental auditing.
Trade vs. Environment: Looking for Compromise
- Looks at the links between international trade and environmental degradation.
- Describes an economic approach to conservation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor