Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Living History Online
- Features articles, regular columns, and event listings for such periods of history as the 20th century, American Civil War, American Revolution, Renaissance, Medieval and antiquity.
- A moving image archive featuring more than 8,000 clips from the past 100 years of history.
Mr Heitmann's History Page
- Comprehensive collection of links to history resources aimed at high school students.
Of the Ages
- A history forum dedicated to those who want to learn more about history and even see their their own articles featured on the site and their manscript length writings on history published.
Paul Halsall/Fordham University: Internet History Sourcebooks Project
- The Internet History Sourcebooks are collectionsof public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use.
- Provides an overview of Western history From ancient Sumeria to World War Two, including profiles of major figures, timelines, photos, and interactive features.
StudyWeb: History and Social Studies
- Includes a range of subjects and categories to help users narrow in on a topic for a report, find background material for a story, begin research for a paper or just increase their knowledge of a particular topic.
The Dead Media Project
- Our culture is experiencing a profound radiation of new species of media. This project is an attempt to catalogue many past forms of media so future generations might remember them. It's an anthropology study, a media history and a memorial.
The Historian Underground
- This site provides articles, links, and other resources related to historiography and historical methodology, as well as philosophy of history.
The History Page
- A comprehensive directory of links, organized by period.
The History Ring
- A web ring which links over a thousand historical web sites.
The Net's Educational Resource Center
- Reference site with more than 80,000 links to topics about American, Ancient, World and Modern history, reference sources, timelines and inventions.
- Expansive site with categorized history articles, weekly features, thumbnailed picture gallery, discussion board, and special events and exhibits.
- List of history links sorted by period, without anotation.
- Offbeat and unusual stories taken from history.
Virtual Quincy Directory
- A collection of links to various sites related to historical events and institutions.
- Links to websites about Western Culture and an online book on the topic.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor