Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient History Helper
- Collection of resources to help Year 12 students meet the demands of the new HSC Ancient History syllabus.
- Internet resources on ancient civilizations for school aged people.
Civilizations in History
- A collection of articles about the Aztecs, Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Mayans, and Romans prepared by two secondary school students.
Cleopatra : As the Nile Turns
- The soap opera that was Cleopatra from Discovery Online.
Die Like An Egyptian
- A study of the ancient Egyptian afterlife incorporating the multiple intelligences and internet use.
Greek Mythology Homepage
- A Thinkquest site for learning about Greek mythology.
- Java applet quizzes for World History Students, (approx 50 questions per time period) with bookmarks for further consideration.
History for Kids
- Includes information on all periods written for middle school students, as well as related lesson plans.
Interactive Ancient Mediterranean
- An on-line atlas of the ancient Mediterranean world designed to serve the needs and interests of students and teachers in high school, community college and university courses in classics, ancient history, geography, archaeology and related fields. Site includes downloadable maps in PDF for Adobe acrobat, detailed articles about ancient places, and a variety of helpful resources for students and teachers.
Mr Donn's Ancient History Page
- Lesson plans & units for Archaeology, Early Man, Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, China, India, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Africa, and more, for K-12 teachers and students.
Schools' pages - Ancient/Classical History Net Links
- School pages on Ancient History, from the Mining Co. Guide
Unwrapped: the Mysterious World of Mummies
- A media-rich, interactive exploration of natural and artifically created mummies from around the globe. From ancient Egypt to Eva Peron, visitors can explore where these mummies were found, how they were made, what are their secrets, and what these time travelers tell us. High-speed connection required.
- Archives of a monthly newsletter for teachers of world history/ancient civilizations. Lesson plans and a variety of other resources for the classroom.
WideHorizon Education Resources (WER) - A World History Program
- Curriculum and resources for teaching social studies (world history and ancient civilizations) in middle grades and high school.
You Wouldn't Want to Be a Roman Gladiator
- Interactive web book for children giving a humorous overview of the life of a Roman gladiator.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor