Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- History of Childhood and Youth
- Web site of The History of the Philosophy of Science Working Group.
History of Optics
- Timeline of optics-related historical moments.
History of Phrenology on the Web
- This site consists of essays on themes in the history of phrenology, as well as the most comprehensive collection of phrenological images in any one place as well as important digitized books relevant not only to the history of phrenology, but also to the history of evolutionary thought. Largest bibliography of phrenology on the web.
History of Remote Sensing
- Gives some hallmarks in thehistory of remote sensing, which, when tied to human history, have profoundly changed the way we view and understand our world.
History of Russian Science
- WWW Virtual Guide to the History of Russian and Soviet Science and Technology
History of Salt
- Sodium chloride in history, with many links to further relevant material. From the Salt Institute.
History of Science Society
- Dedicated to fostering popular interest and scholarly research in the history of science and its social and cultural relations.
History of Science and Ethics Internet Resources
- Links to museums, historical instruments galleries, electronic publications, papers, e-mail groups and books
History of the Light Microscope
- Overview of microscope styles and history.
- There is a lot of useful material for researchers in the History of Science (both beginners and the more experienced) here, but you will have to dig a bit through the site. From Professor Ronald Tobey of the University of California, Riverside.
Horus Publications Etexts Index.
- Gives access to online versions of numerous historical writings on science, as well as graphical material. (Part of the main Horus site, but hard to find from the top level.)
Institute and Museum of History of Science - Florence, Italy
- The museum and web site are particularly rich resources for the life and work of Galileo.
Internet History of Science Sourcebook
- Links to documents and Web resources pertaining to the history of science including original texts from great scientific thinkers.
Internet Modern History Sourcebook: Scientific Revolution
Internet for History and Philosophy of Science
- A free "teach yourself" tutorial on Internet information skills for historians and philosophers of science.
Isaac Newton Links
- From The Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences.
Jesuits and the Sciences: 1540-1995
- Exhibit of scientific works written and published by the Jesuits.
Marks in the Evolution of Western Thinking About Nature
- A chronology from the 7th millenium BC to the present day, with brief explanations of events in the history of Western natural philosophy and science.
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
- Located in Berlin, Germany. Gives access to publications and preprints, online primary sources, information about the institute, links, etc.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor