By Time Period
Submit a site
Hoover, Herbert Clark
Roosevelt, Franklin Delano
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1930s Great Depression Gallery, Michigan Historical Museum
- Stories of Michigan during the Great Depression: Labor unions and the Flint sit-down strike, Paul Honore's Natural Resources Mural, bungalows, radio, lighthouses and the Great Lakes, President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal programs and the Civilian Conservatin Corps in Michigan.
A New Deal for the Arts
- The federal program employing artists as part of the New Deal.
AITLC Guide to The Great Depression
- A list of Great Depression links compiled by the Access Indiana Teaching and Learning Center.
Americas Great Depression
- An overview of Americas Great Depression along with a timeline, links, books and other information.
Black Thursday: October 24, 1929
- A compilation of New York Times headlines from before and after the Great Crash.
Great Myths of the Great Depression
- A short essay from the "The Freeman" that takes a look at the Great Depression from a hardcore free market perspective.
Internet Modern History Sourcebook: The Depression
- The Sourcebook is a collection of public domain and copy-permitted texts for introductory level classes in modern European and World history.
Main Causes of the Great Depression
- A short paper on the origins of the Great Depression. Discusses economic problems and policies that led to the American economic collapse in the 1930s. Includes bibliography.
New Deal Network: A Guide to the Great Depression of the 1930s
- Educational site focused on the programs of FDR's New Deal. Sponsored by the Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute and the Institute for Learning Technologies at Teachers College/Columbia University.
New Deal/WPA Art History
- This site has information and photos of extant WPA/New Deal art, focusing on Illinois, Ohio, and California. There are extensive biographies, a timeline of the New Deal, and other odd bits of information.
Off to See the Wizard
- Essay which claims the U.S. Supreme Court seized control of the U.S. economy in the 1890s and caused the Great Depression through its mismanagement.
Sliding into the Great Depression
- A study of the economics of the Great Depression by J. Bradford De Long of University of California at Berkeley.
The Crash of 1929
- Argues that the Great Depression was caused by the Bank of England, the British government and the City of London.
The Gold Standard and the Great Depression
- An article from the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, arguing that the Gold Standard did not cause the Great Depression.
The Great Depression - Documenting America
- Library of Congress records of the Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information Collection, showing rural life and the negative impact of the Great Depression.
The World Depression
- Academic article on the cause and effect of the Great Depression worldwide.
Where Hope Was Found
- Information about the Civilian Conservation Corps and its impact on participants and on public works in Missouri.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor