By Time Period
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Canada's Nuclear History
- A chronology of general and Canadian achievements and events in the history of nuclear energy. Traces the development of the CANDU reactor and the commercial power industry in Canada. Includes notes and links to further information.
Canada's Role in the Atomic Bomb Programs of the US, UK, France & India
- A chronology of Canada's contributions to the nuclear weapon programs of several countries. Includes material on the production of plutonium at Chalk River and the accident there, the development and export of CANDU reactors, a picture gallery and other material.
Catalog of Nuclear Explosions
- A listing by the Oklahoma Geological Survey of all known and putative nuclear explosions around the world from 1945 to 1996. Includes data on yield, lattitude and longitude, and type of device.
Chapter 1: The First Atomic Veterans,
- Online text of the book Killing Our Own about the history of the development of nuclear power and weapons in the United States and it's effects on the public, US Armed Forces, and the environment.
Chronological Table of Nuclear Weapons
- A detailed chronology of events significant in the development of nuclear weapon technology. Covers the entire twentieth century.
Chronology of Nuclear Testing in the Marshall Islands
- Dates and map of US nuclear weapons tests in the Marshall Islands in the Pacific Ocean. A timeline with entries relating to the dislocation of the people of the Marshalls and damages resulting from the testing.
- A biography of Stalin's enigmatic director of the Soviet project to build the atomic bomb. Details his efforts as head of the project to develop first the atomic bomb and then the hydrogen bomb. Includes documents and links.
City of Hiroshima: Atomic Bomb and Peace
- Historical information regarding the damage from the bombing of the city. Also includes information about the Peace Memorial, the A-Domes registration as a World Heritage Site, and about the city today.
Cold War -US History
- Original documents and historic accounts of the Cold War years from both US and Soviet materials. Covers the use of humans as test subjects, the first 50 years of Plutonium research and development.
Comprehensive History of US Atomic Bomb Testing
- Federation of American Scientist's site containing details of surface and subsurface atomic tests conducted in the United States and their impact on human health. Includes maps of test sites and links to detailed summaries of individual nuclear tests.
Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) Site Home
- Documents and analysis of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, ratification, nuclear testing, Stockpile Stewardship, and monitoring and verification. A large collection of articles, links and documents relating to the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.
Criticality Accidents in USAEC Facilities, 1945-1970
- Historic look at accidents at government nuclear facilities from the year of the Trinity test to 1970. Gives a description of the incident, including casualties, and damages.
Criticality and Radiation Accidents
- Descriptions of a number of accidents involving inadvertent criticality in DOE and AEC facilities.
DOE/NV - Photo Library
- A collection of historic still photos of nuclear tests at the Nevada Test Site and in the Pacific Ocean. Also includes photos of test preparations at the Test Site, waste management facilities and other infrastructure at the site, and wildlife living on the site.
DOE/NV Publications - Historical Reports
- Links to full text historic reports on various aspects of nuclear weapons testing by the United States available for download in PDF format, including "United States Nuclear Tests, July 1945 through September 1992" a listing of every test.
Department of Energy - Historical Nuclear Weapons Test Films
- Recently declassified footage of nuclear tests. Tapes are available for order. Clips and descriptions are available to view at the site.
Documents Related to the Cold War
- Full text original documents relating to the Cold War period. Covers the years from 1945 to 1986. A very wide range of material dealing with many points of view. Also has a retrospective section looking back on the era.
Documents Relating to the Development of the Atomic Bomb and Its use on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- A large collection of original documents relating to the decision to develop and use the atomic bomb. Historic reports from the Manhattan Project, and correspondence, memos, diary entries and reports from a variety of major decision makers of the period.
Dr. Raisuke Shirabe's Memoir of the Nagasaki Atomic Bombing
- My Experience of the Nagasaki Atomic Bombing and An Outline of the Damages Caused by the Explosion, by Dr. Raisuke Shirabe. Includes detailed information regarding the type of damage to people and property caused by the bombing and an account of his personal experiences.
Gallery of U.S. Nuclear Tests
- Information on US nuclear testing and its health effects. Presents a chronology, details, and maps of American atmospheric and underground nuclear tests. Includes links to related online sources.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor