By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
17th Century Reenacting & Living History Resources
- Presenting pamphlets, news sheets and other printed material from the English Civil War, the Thirty Years War and other events of 17th Century Britain.
1st Marquis of Montrose Society
- as the title suggests dedicated to James Graham, 1st Marquis of Montrose, who so successfully led a small royalist army on a campaign throughout Scotland, during the Civil War.
All The King's Men
- Web ring of sites which relate to warfare in the 17th and early 18th centuries (c.1600-1750's).
Ardvreck Castle, Scotland
- This ruined castle was the home of the MacLeod of Assynt and prison to James Graham, Marquis of Montrose. Amateur photographs and brief popular history.
Boise State University: English Civil War
- An outline of the war prepared by Professor Knox.
British Civil Wars, Commonwealth and Protectorate
- Detailed information on the 17th century British Civil Wars, Commonwealth and Protectorate period 1642-60, with biographies of leading personalities, military history and timelines
Civil War Derby Uncovered
- The civil war and its effects in Derbyshire.
- An introduction to Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658), his life and significance, highlighting organisations and events commemorating the 400th anniversary of his birth an Huntingdon on April 25th 1599. Links to other sites of interest.
Documents on The English Civil War
- Some original documents made available online by Hillsdale College, MI.
Duncan's Cavalier Webpages
- Articles and original documents on the Civil War and 17th century in general.
Echoes of Edgehill
- Article about the first major battle of the war, from British Heritage magazine.
English Civil War
- Timeline history of the pre-Civil-War period and timeline biographies of some of the major participants.
English Civil War (1642-1649)
- Collection of links from the Canadian Forces College. Sadly, many of them are defunct.
- A variety of background materials on the Digger movement, from their San Francisco spiritual descendants.
Essex Men at the Battle of Worcester
- The Essex Trained Bands' part in the Parliamentarian victory. From the English Civil War Times.
Naseby Battle and Farm Museum
- Brief details of this small museum which commemorates the 1645 battle.
The Battle of Winceby
- Account of the battle from GameFix magazine.
The Cromwell Society
- Information about the society and how to join it.
The English Civil War
- A timeline history of the English Civil War from "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy," with linklist and a discussion forum.
The English Civil War Pages
- A reference site including a summary of the war, descriptions of its principal battles and personalities and descriptions of the types of troops and military technology used.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor