By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Quick Primer on Waterloo
- "There are infinitely better accounts but this is the 'Weight-watchers' version - a quick run down to put the battle in perspective for people that have no idea what it was all about.". A very good overview, complete with first-hand accounts of the battle.
Battle of Waterloo
- Some rather nice pictures, drawn from a children's book of the 1970s. Slightly tongue-in-cheek commentary to go with them.
- Lots of information, including both modern and contemporary pictures, about the farmhouse which anchored the right of Wellington's line at Waterloo.
- Themed around the road followed by Napoleon on his return from Elba in 1815. Tourist information about the towns on the route together with Napoleon biography, pictures and maps. Text in French and English.
The 13th at Waterloo
- Detailed account of the doings of the British 13th Light Dragoons during the 100 days. Drawn from a regimental history published in 1911.
The Battle of Waterloo
- Somewhat anglocentric account of the battle, together with orders of battle for the forces engaged.
The Battle of Waterloo in 3 Minutes
- An overview of the various army movements during the battle using some rather stylized maps.
The Campaign Of Waterloo
- Nineteenth century study of the campaign by John C. Ropes.
The Eclipse of Napoleon's Glory.
- Nineteenth century account of the hundred days and exile to St Helena presented by the Cornell University Library.
The Return of Napoleon from Elba
- An account of Napoleon's return to France, by an English lady in Paris at the time.
- Site dedicated to the Battle of Tolentino, and a re-enactment that took place in 1998. Some nice illustrations, but text in Italian only.
- Very thorough order of battle for the Waterloo campaign - right down to the colonels' names. Also has biographies for all the generals involved. Text in English and German.
Waterloo Visitor Center
- Information on the battle and on facilities for modern-day visitors.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor