By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Buffalo Soldiers and Chief Victorio
- Chief Victorio is considered one of the fiercest of the Apaches.
Buffalo Soldiers and Indian Wars
- This site provides a variety of educational multimedia experiences for the visitor. Explore the Internet links on its pages to find facts, quotations, images, sound clips and video files.
Charles Lummis Reports on the Apache War
- Gives an account of Los Angeles Times reporter Charles Lummis' defense of Gen. George Crook, criticized in Arizona for adopting a softer stance on Geronimo.
- Biography of Crazy Horse by Ohiyesa (Dr. Charles Alexander Eastman).
Department of Dakota
- Numerous campaigns have taken place against the Indian tribes inhabiting the States and Territories of the Department. This site includes highlights of the military operations undertaken since the Civil War.
Overland-Oregon Trail Outposts
- Links to sites along the Overland Trail and the Oregon Trail. The trail ran through the heart of the Indian hunting grounds and its establishment was the beginning of hostilities in many locations.
People in the West
- An interactive biographical dictionary that provides concise profiles about the lives of these historical figures, together with some comment on their significance for historians.
- Brief narrative from the National Park Service about Plains Indians circa 1860-1880 in Wyoming. Links to related information.
Seminole-Negro Indian Scouts
- Information and photos of these scouts.
The Arrows that Wounded the West
- Article from Wild West Magazine about the use of bows and arrows by American Indians, and detailed examples of the treatment of arrow wounds by U.S. Army surgeons during the mid-1800s.
The Battle of Washita
- The Indian Battle of Washita was a result of a direct and unwavering encroachment on the Indians rights, but several other factors were involved.
The Seminole Wars
- The Seminoles of Florida fiercely resisted the United States government and army in efforts of removal from their land.
Volunteer Militia of the Black Hawk War
- History of militia of the Black Hawk War. Includes images, articles, links, and discussions.
Winning the West: The Army in the Indian Wars, 1865-1890
- Chapter about tactics and strategy in differing parts of the American West, extracted from the U.S. Army's official series on American military history.
- Listing of links to 60 museums in Wyoming, most of which have ties to the Indian wars of the 1860's - 1870's.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor