By Time Period
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
'Viking' Pilgrimage to Jerusalem
- Documents the popularity of medieval pilgrimage to Jerusalem in medieval christianized Scandinavia.
Archives for medieval-religion
- Archives of postings to the academic discussion list, Medieval Religion.
Bruno Segri's De Sacramentis Ecclesial and the Gregorian Reform
- An essay placing Bruno's liturgical commentary within the context of the 12th century reform movement.
Culture and Faith of Celtic Christians
- A historical and factual site concerning the conversion of paganism to Christianity in Ireland.
- Extensive glossary on terms as used by the Catholic Church.
El Camino de Santiago
- A virtual pilgrimage to one of the most holy shrines of the medieval period, the background for an introductory course in medieval Spanish literature.
Firth's Celtic Scotland
- Short biographies of some of the early Celtic Saints who brought Christianity to the Picts of north-east Alba including pictures of their churches.
Latin Vulgate Bible
- A searchable version of St Jerome's Latin translation of the Bible, known as the Vulgate. Provided by the Project for American and French Research on the Treasury of the French Language at the University of Chicago. Other versions are also available here.
Martin of Braga: opera omnia
- The complete works of Martin of Braga (Martinus Dumiensis) - saint, bishop, and abbot, died 579 AD.
Medieval Ecclesiastical Taxation
- This is a database of the assessment for taxation carried out on the orders of Pope Nicholas IV in 1291-1292. For nearly 250 years virtually all ecclesiastical taxation of England and Wales was based on this extremely thorough and detailed assessment.
Medieval Theologians: Introduction
- Written to assist scholars in identifying those professional theologians who taught and wrote in Paris and Oxford in the late twelfth and thirteenth centuries
Religion in medieval england
- Learn about the important role played by the Christian religion in medieval England, the reasons for pilgrimage and the use of astrology.
Rupert Of Deutz On The Gospel Of John
- The Fourth Gospel In The Twelfth Century: Rupert Of Deutz On The Gospel Of John. A paper by Dr Abigail Ann Young, University of Toronto.
Russian Church Overview
- Around 900 A.D.
Splendours of Christendom
- Includes links to many sources of medieval Christian art and architecture: virtual tours of Cathedrals, medieval icons, etc.
The Development of Christian Society in Early England
- An original article by Tim Bond
The Electronic Grosseteste
- Dedicated to providing electronic access to the Latin works of Robert Grosseteste (ca. 1170-1253). Grosseteste was well known both as an English scholar and as Bishop of Lincoln. His varied interests have attracted all kinds of medievalists, from those interested in the history of science, to theology, philosophy, religious practice, and ecclesiastical history.
The Investiture Controversy
- Provides an overview of the lay investiture question in Europe 1076-1085, including early reform efforts, the rise of Hildebrand, and the struggle between Henry IV and Gregory VII. Includes images from tapestries and woodcuts.
The Spanish Church and the Papacy in the Thirteenth Century
- A full-text online book by Peter Linehan, published 1971 by Cambridge University Press.
The rise and fall of the Church of Rome - abelard
- History of the Church of Rome in the context of the 21 papal Ecumenical Councils, highlighting political, ideological and dogma conflicts within the Christian Church, its Roman and Orthodox branches. Includes key references.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor