By Time Period
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Bracton: De Legibus Et Consuetudinibus Angliæ
- The Laws and Customs of England, written by a 13th century English judge. In the original latin with simultaneous translation into modern English.
English History Notes
- Snippets of information on life in medieval and Tudor England, from alcohol to windmills.
Games & Entertainment of the Middle Ages
- Very brief descriptions of period games and sports. The product of a ninth grade school project.
Medieval Life - The Magazine of the Middle Ages
- Contents list is available, but the articles are by subscription only.
Medieval Love and Marriage Etiquette
- Various rules and etiquette surrounding love, marriage, and romance in the Medieval Celtic world.
- From the searchable online archive of recipes (SOAR).
Medieval Technology Page
- A very interesting look at medieval technology; how it was created, how it worked, and how it was used.
Medieval Wedding Ceremonies
- Medieval wedding traditions, marriage laws, customs, and ceremonies. History of medieval weddings. Fascinating details regarding attire, adornments, gifts and rituals associated with weddings during the Middle Ages.
Medieval and Renaissance Wedding Page
- A comprehensive guide to all aspects of medieval weddings.
The Brehon Law Project: Brehon Aid
- Study and education of Brehon Law, the ancient Celic common law of Ireland that was practised from pre-history up until the seventeenth century. Topics include history, genealogy, heraldry, comparative law and features discussion, links, and historical documents.
The Employees of Durham Priory, 1494-1519
- A report on conditions of employment in the late Middle Ages, derived from an exceptionally rich monastic archive.
The History of Stocks and Pillories
- The history of stocks and pillories from medieval times to current uses.
The Jester Pages
- The origin and history of jesters and clowns, links to famous fools, and myths commonly thought of as fact.
The Medieval Pottery Research Group
- Bringing together people with an interest in the pottery vessels that were made, traded, and used in Europe between the end of the Roman period and the 16th century.
The Visigothic Code: Forum Iudicum
- The Law Code of the Visigoths of Spain. In translation with a helpful preface.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor