By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1755 - The French and Indian War Homepage
- Site dedicated to French soldiers who fought in the French and Indian War between 1755 and 1760.
Battle of Fort Necessity
- The Battle of Fort Necessity was young George Washington's first military campaign and commenced the French and Indian War.
Braddock's Defeat - 1755
- Letter, written by 23-year-old George Washington to his mother describing the battle just east of Pittsburgh in which the British and Colonial forces under General Braddock were defeated.
British Forts of the French and Indian War
- Information on these British Forths with links to Fort Sites when available. From French and Indian War Magazine.
Campaigns and Battles of Frederick The Great
- A collection of 19th century black and white maps, scanned in from Harpers Magazine.
Digital History LTD.The Gateway to the Past
- A history of the French and Indian War
Discriminating General's Seven Year War Website
- Offers articles, links, uniform charts, and reenactment equipment for the SYW and French and Indian Wars.
Frederick the Great's Military Instruction to Generals
- Regulations in force in Prussia during the Seven Years War.
French and Indian Cruelty: The Life and Curious Adventures of Peter Williamson
- Illustrated account of kidnapping, Indian captivity and French and Indian War adventures.
French and Indian War Magazine On-line - The 18th century Society
General Braddock's defeat in the French and Indian War
- Article on General Braddock's defeat on the Monongahela which briefly led to confusion in the colonial and english camp.
General James Wolfe biography
- General James Wolfe was an English general during the French and Indian war. Learn more about his role and the battles he led.
In Search Of The French Grenadiers
- Article on French Grenadier regiments and their participation in the Seven Years War. From the Seven Years War Association Journal.
Nec Pluribus Impar
- "A web magazine about the armies of the Seven Years War". Text mainly in French with some English.
Scalping during the Seven Years' War
- The French and Indian War (1754-1760) is replete with incidents of scalping by French, English and Native American combatants. Newspapers, diaries, journals, and other period sources all document these occurrences.
Seven Years War Association (UK)
- Includes an index for the society's journal, a map and some relevant links.
Seven Years War Association (US)
- Single page with joining information and links to SYW miniatures resources.
Seven Years War in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Part of a general heritage site for this area. Brief account of the war and its impact on the locality.
Sir William Johnson
- Article on this worthy and the expedition he led against Crown Point.
The 35th Foot Project
- Living history group based on Colonel George Munro's Regiment the 35th Regiment of Foot (Royal sussex Regiment) as it was during the fall and subsequent massacre at Fort William Henry (Last of the Mohicans. Site also has Regimental history, pages for teachers and travel tips for this period and the American Revolution---plus much much more.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor