By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Submit a site
Declaration of Independence
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Agreement to supply Hessian soldiers
- In January 1776, the Landgrave of Hesse Cassel agreed to a treaty with His Majesty, George III, to supply armed forces to fight for the British army. Complete text of the original and a translation are presented.
Articles of Confederation
- The first 'constitution' of the United States, passed by Congress in 1787, but not ratified until 1781. The Articles of confederation would be replaced by the present U.S. constitution in 1789, because of the lack of governmental powers.
Bibliographies of the War of American Independence
- Extensive bibliography of all aspects of the American War for Independence: diplomatic, continental army; campaigns, foreign participants, etc.
British Spy Letters of the American Revolution
- Provides images and transcriptions of original sources; information on how spys transmitted information, etc.
Camps and Firesides of the Revolution
- Letters and essays written during the American Revolution.
Continental Army Orderly Book Index
- A list of surviving orderly books of the Continental Army and the militia regiments fighting with them. Allows search by regiment, commander, unit location, date, and the library holding the document. Availability of microfilm copies and published versions are indicated.
Diary of a Surgeon at Valley Forge
- Excerpts from the diary of Albigence Waldo, surgeon at Valley Forge, 1777.
- British proclamation concerning colonists aiding and abetting rebels and declaring free all indentured servants and slaves willing to join the British military.
No Taxation Without Representation
- Partial transcript of John Hancock's declaration with an article on its background.
Proclamation of Rebellion
- On August 23, 1775, King George III, declared the colonies in America in rebellion. Full text of this document is presented.
Treaty of Paris - 1783
- Copies of the primary documents from the preliminary treaty in 1782, to the final document in 1783. In addition, ancillary documents related to the cessation of hostilities, and the ratification by all parties are presented.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor