By Time Period
Submit a site
18th Century British Literature
Wars and Conflicts
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
16th to 18th Century History Articles
- Brief essays (more journalistic than scholarly) on newspaper coverage of early American history.
18th Century History
- A portal for the age starting with the Glorious Revolution and ending with the July Revolution. Provides timeline and feature articles on society, lifestyle, famous figures, and significant events.
18th Century Life - an online magazine
- an online magazine about everyday life in the 1700's. Published bimonthly, it contains sections on cooking, book reviews, a letters page for questions and comments, and features.
- From Digital History
C18-L's Selective Readings
- An online running international bibliography of scholarly work in 18th-century studies in all disciplines. A volunteer project edited by Kevin Berland.
Dictionary Of Sensibility
- From the New York Public Library comes an in-depth exhibit and exploration of the culture of tobacco in Europe during the 17th and 18th centuries.
Early Modern History
- As part of History Network of Virtual Library (University of Kansas) this site is the central catalogue of Early Modern History ressources in the Internet.
- Important milestones in arts, science, and politics listed year by year from 1660 to 1800.
- Multimedia cultural history research projects created by literature students at the University of Michigan.
- Jack Lynch provides an extensive list of links to sites on the internet dealing with 18th century art, architecture, history, literature, music, religion, science, and mathematics among other fields.
- This collection archives works of the eighteenth century from the perspectives of literary and cultural studies. Novels, plays, memoirs, treatises and poems of the period are kept here (in some cases, influential texts from before 1700 or after 1800 as well), along with modern criticism.
History -- The 18th Century
- The starting place to find information about the 18th century. Each link is hand picked by your guide. This site also maintains a bullettin board, chat, and a newsletter, all free.
History of Catalonia
- Contains sections on 18th Century Catalonia.
History of the Philippines
- Brief chronology of major 18th century events in the Philippines.
L'Âge d'Or (Kirke's Lambs)
- An English-based group recreating English and French court life during the period 1660 through 1715 and, through "Kirke's Lambs," military life in an English regiment of like period. Description of group, photographs of reenactments, contact information, extensive background on history, culture and ordinary life of the period.
Pierre Marteau's Publishing House
- An assortment of images and bibliographies relating primarily to eighteenth-century history of the Germanies.
Political Change and Conflict- Age of Revolutions
- Unit 3 of an Entire World History Course that covers French and American Revolutions with emphasis on how revolutions occur.
Political Movers and Shakers of the Enlightenment
- Miles Hodges profiles individuals in Europe and the American colonies and provides additional sources and links.
Recollections of An Old Soldier by Captain David Perry (1741-1826)
- Memoir of Capt David Perry, MA provincial soldier (Ticonderoga, NY and NS); ranger in Canada (Quebec, NF); American patriot (CT); Northeast American/Canadian history - War of 1812; notes. Written for his posterity.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor