By Time Period
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Henry Sumner Maine's 1861 compilation of ancient laws dealing with property, inheritance, crime, civil laws.
Ancient Rome and Law History
- Library of numerous Latin law texts and ancient sources on legal theory, maintained by a professor at Moscow Lomonosow University.
Lex Antica: Ancient Rome
- Various links concerning the laws and legal system of ancient Rome, including constitutions.
- Established to promote the study of Roman legislation in its full social, political and legal context. Includes an extensive database of the Codex Theodosianus.
Republican Roman Government
- The constitution (Twelve Tables) of the Roman Republic and related information
- Roman Law branch of the Law-related Internet Project at the University of Saarbrücken.
Roman Law Resources
- Roman law sources and literature, and information on the teaching and study of Roman law. In English and German.
The Roman Law Articles of Smith's Dictionary
- About 250 articles on Roman law of varying length originally published in 1875, covering topics such as civil rights, codes and procedures, contracts and torts, officers and magistrates, and specific laws.
The Twelve Tables
- Read the first laws written for the early Roman republic.
TheAncientVine: Roman Law
- Discussion forum and a smattering of articles.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor