By Time Period
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A collection of resources for the study of ancient Greek history at Reed College in Portland, Oregon.
History of Ancient Greece
- One-page overview of 594-146 BC by Alexiou Enterprises.
HistoryLink 101: Ancient Greece
- Directory of sites about art, biographies, daily life, maps, pictures, and related research.
Introduction to ancient Greek Classics
- by Anthony F. Beavers; a lively exploration to the classic Hellenic way of thinking
Minoa and Mycenae
- Richard Hooker summarizes the civilization of Crete and southern Greece up until the time of Homer and provides an atlas and a gallery as well.
Odyssey Online: Greece
- A resource for schools covering many areas of life in ancient Greece.
Origins of the Greek Alphabet
- The origins and development of the first alphabet that became the basis for all other European alphabets.
Overview of Late Antiquity
- "Ideology, Identity and Empire; The Greeks," by Steven Muhlberger.
- Studies early political culture through the foundations of the Greek city-state during 700-500 BC.
Poseidon - Hellas and the Sea
- The maritime history of Hellas and Cyprus, and the Greek islands.
Prehistoric Use of the Greek Alphabet
- Controversial one page article by Pan.Kouvalakis from Davlos magazine dates the origin of the Greek alphabet to 6000BC.
The Ancient Greek World
- An online exhibition from the University of Pennsylvania's museum of archaeology and anthropology. Looks at the land and time periods, daily life, economy, religion and death.
The Ancient Greeks
- Educational web site about the Athenians of ancient Greece. Their beliefs, entertainment, and the methods in which they lived.
The Greeks, Crucible of Civilization
- Introduction to ancient Greek history, culture, politics, art and warfare, timeline from 1400 B.C. to 337 B.C., map, life in Athens, ancient Greek language lessons.
The History of Greek Costume
- Dedicated to Greek costume through the centuries.
The Unknown Hellenic History
- A site about the unknown Greek civilization including the Greek Pyramids, the wonders of ancient technology, the newest clues of prehistory.
Women in the Greek World
- On-line material for a course on Women in the Greek World taught in the Department of Classics, University of Wales Lampeter: bibliographies, summaries of lectures, illustrations, links.
World History Compass: Ancient Greece
- Links to sites and resources for Ancient Greece civilization.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor