By Time Period
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A simple hieroglyphic reading passage from Dynasty XVIII.
An Ancient Egyptian Poem
- A tribute to Pharaoh Thothmes of the 18th Dynasty.
Ancient Battles: Egypt
- Egyptian accounts of the victory of Ramses II at the highlands of Kadesh (1294 BCE), and the battle at Megiddo (1469 BCE).
Ancient Egyptian Language Discussion List
- Online resources for the learning of ancient Egyptian, including hieroglyphic transcriptions/translations, discussion list and online tutorials.
Demotic Texts on the World Wide Web
- A guide to internet resources on papyri.
Digitalized Egyptological Literature
- Full-text web versions of Egyptian texts and publications on Eygpt in English and German from Heidelberg University.
Duke Papyrus Archive
- Images and texts concerning various ancient Egyptian papyri, plus links to papyrology on the web.
Egyptian Book of the Dead
- Online text translated by E. A. Wallis Budge, broken into chapters.
Egyptian Law Readings
- A bibliography of texts regarding ancient Egyptian laws by Bernard Hibbitts, University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
Electronic Publishing of Ancient Egyptian Manuscripts and Texts
- Article concerning the unique nature of preparing ancient Egyptian manuscripts for electronic publishing, from the Pisa Research Consortium.
Hymn to the Nile
- Electronic text of a religious hymn c. 2100 BCE, from the Ancient History Sourcebook.
Instruction in Letter Writing in Egypt
- Translation of instructions given to ancient Egyptian scribes beginning their training.
Papyrus of Ani; Egyptian Book of the Dead
- Online text translated by E. A. Wallis Budge. One large text file.
- The instructions of Ptah-Hotep presented in hieroglphic format with transliteration attached to each section.
The Book of Coming Into the Light
- The Egyptian Book of the Dead: the Budge edition, with new revisions and notes.
The Carlsberg Papyri
- A large collection housed at the University of Copenhagen.
The Deir el-Medîna Database
- Database of non-literary documents found at Egyptian village of Deir el-Medina archaeology excavation.
The Papyri Pages
- Pictures, articles, and links about ancient Egyptian papyri.
The Precepts of Ptah-Hotep, c. 2200 BCE
- Electronic text of Ptah-Hotep's precepts, as translated by Horne.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor