Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Visit with the Hisatsinom (Anasazi) and the Hohokam Peoples
- Indexed links to the prehistory of these two Southwestern peoples.
- Simple overview of Anasazi history, with information about ancient southwestern astronomy.
Anasazi 1100-1400 AD
- Photos of Chaco Canyon, Anasazi foods and petroglyphs prepared for use in a college course. About 25 images. Also some pre-Anasazi desert archaeology and some slides about the Sinaguans.
Anasazi Heritage Center
- A federal repository for artifacts and museum of archaeology in the Four Corners.
Anasazi Hisatsinom: Sky Scraper Builders
- Historical references to food, clothing, new discoveries, baskets, pottery, and also a timeframe.
Anasazi Prehistoric Desert People
- History from 100BC to 1600AD with links to Anasazi archeological sites.
Anasazi and Kokopelli
- The legend of Kokopelli and some links to Anasazi websites.
Archaeology in Mesa Verde County
- Brief information about Mesa Verde National Park and the Anasazi from a Colorado tourism agency.
Chaco Canyon: Land of Ancient Strangers
- Travelogue of a visit to Chaco Canyon, with information about the Anasazi and the ruins.
- Social strife may have caused the collapse of the Anasazi empire. Reprint of a New York Times article from 1996.
Hovenweep National Monument
- Official NPS site
Indian Ruins in the Four Corners Area
- Pictures and history of various ancient ruins from the Anasazi area.
Map of Anasazi Territory
- Map of Four Corners area, also of surrounding states, showing rivers, valleys, and Indian sites. Can be printed out at notebook size.
Mesa Verde National Park
- Official NPS site
Sipapu--The Anasazi Emergence into the Cyber World
- Prehistory, interactive reconstructions of Anasazi architecture, online research papers, and searchable databases on Anasazi sites and bibliographic references.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor