Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A History of Gay and Lesbian Denver
- A history of Denver's gay and lesbian community and its growing visibility.
Androphile Gay History Project
- Overview of gay love over the centuries. Includes information about the homosexual mythologies and folk tales of ancient cultures, as well as poetry, and erotic art.
Changing Ones, by Will Roscoe
- Pioneering gay history author explores the meaning of being queer in articles on the Native American two-spirit tradition and its parallels, queer mythology, lesbian/gay culture and history, and the connections between early Christianity and mystical homosexuality.
Committee on Lesbian and Gay History-American Historical Association
- Promotes queer history academic work, development of specialized courses, and scholarly debate.
- Gay culture site, focusing on English and Egyptian history along with Greek mythology.
Evolution and Cross-Cultural Variation in Male Homosexuality
- Study by Denis Werner, claiming homosexuality developed as an adaptive trait shared by the higher primates. Different constructions of homoerotic expression are ascribed to cultural differences among human societies.
Gay History and Literature
- Essays on homosexuality in eighteenth-century England; the Nazi era; the gay tombs in Westminster Abbey; Michelangelo; Kings James I and VI; Sir Francis Bacon; Anthony Bacon; lesbian pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read; Johann Joachim Winckelmann; William Beckford; Rev. John Church; and Ludwig van Beethoven.
Gay Holocaust Memorial
- A memorial site dedicated to the memory of those gay men murdered by the Nazi regime.
Gay Slang Dictionary
- Text-format dictionary of terms commonly heard in the gay community.
- Articles about famous gays of the past, linked to on-line gay history bookstore.
- Regularly changing biography of a famous gay person from history, based on "The Gay 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Gay Men and Lesbians, Past and Present" by Paul Elliott Russell
Historical Calendar Project
- A calendar offering events of significance to our community. Visitors are encouraged to add personal events.
Homosexuality in History
- Article by Rev. Robert J. Buchanan, exploring the historical foundations of homoerotic expression, and its place in society.
International Museum of Gay and Lesbian History
- Project site for museum of homosexuality from prehistory to the present.
Introduction to Modern Gay History
- Introduction to the stories and the people of modern gay history (1700-1973). Timeline illustrating developments in culture, science and law bearing on same-sex love.
Ladies, Take a Bow
- Article from PridePage.com saluting the drag queens of the Stonewall Inn who kicked off the modern gay rights movement.
Lesbian and Gay Marriage
- Analysis of historical examples of same-sex marriage, and of modern approaches to the issue, broken down by country and period.
Lost In Gay History
- Collection of lost facts and specifics of gay men, women, situations, concentration camps, laws, and anti-gay organizations.
ONE Institute & Archives
- An independent, not-for-profit California educational institution which houses the world's largest research library on gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered heritage and concerns.
Out of the Past
- Companion website for the PBS documentary focusing on Gay American History. Educational, interactive.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor