Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Northern Land Use Institute
- Planning, environment and Land Use Issues of Northern British Columbia are all the focus of the Northern Land Use Institute at the University of Northern British Columbia
- An immense, valuable list of sites for future scenarios and future planning in dozens of fields from economics and management to technology. Includes "The Plausible Futures Newsletter." The topics "Aging, Life Extension and Cryonics" are included under the heading *Demography*, for some reason.
Projections: A Futurist at the Movies
- How the future of society and technology are depicted on film.
Rational Futures: Making it Happen!
- A site that seeks to foster public participation in envisioning and evaluating long-range societal goals.
- A personal presentation and discussion of the most relevant and actual of the world's problems as well as ethical, philosophical, social, and scientific issues.
The Book of What has been and What will be
- The Wretchedness of the past and present need not foretell the Future.
The Fortress of Infinitude: Futuristic Inventions and Cool Stuff
- A commented list of life enhancing, time saving, and labor saving devices.
The Future is Yours!
- Futuristic site on global ethics, Earth Charter, the future of science and religion, the purpose of life
The Future? [The Onion AV Club]
- Don't know what to expect in the 21st century? The Onion AV Club presents this guide to the future, as predicted by a number of films.
The Long Now Foundation
- A project of computer pioneer Daniel Hillis and Whole Earth founder Stewart Brand to develop a 10,000 year clock. This is long-term project that gets people thinking past the mental barrier of the Millennium.
The Mother - Notebook on Evolution
- The story of a physical transformation aimed at unlocking the next species after the human species. Following the integral yoga of Sri Aurobindo in the cellular consciousness.
The New Millennium
- The last century brought more change than the 500 years before. There will be much more change in the next millennium than there has been since the dawn of agriculture.
The UACTO Universe
- This is the UACTO Universe. This concerens what we think the future in 2020 will be like.
Year2067.com Emerging Technologies e-Magazine
- Futurism & emerging technologies e-magazine focusing on Nanotechnology, Robotics, Cryonics, Human Genome Project, Virtual Reality & breakthrough health news.
world-information.org - building the new information order
- World-Information.Org is a trans-national cultural intelligence provider: a collaborative effort of cultural workers, artists, scientists and technicians. World-Information.Org constantly monitors and maps the infosphere, the world's invisible nerve system of information networks, as well as the global information economy.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor