Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Academic Programs in Folklore on the Internet
- Ph.D and MA programmes in universities (U.S. centric).
Baltic Institute of Folklore (BIF) Home Page
- The Institute was founded by the academic folkloric institutions of the three Baltic states -- Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania -- in 1995 to coordinate folklore studies and research. The site includes archives, a newsletter, academic contacts, and conference information.
Cultural Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Forum on Folklore and Popular Culture
- A peer-reviewed internet and hadcopy journal dedicated to investigating expressive and everyday culture; based at the University of California, but global in scope.
Indiana University Department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology
- Established 1962 by Stith Thompson and Richard Dorson; specialities include language and literature, folk and traditional arts, and ritual and belief.
Indiana University Folklore Collection
- The Indiana University Bloomington Libraries Folklore and Ethnomusicology Collection home page contains general Folklore references, a list of links to other sites, and a description of the Collection.
Jewish Folklore in Israel
- A history of the development of academic Folklore studies in Israel with additional links to many other sites, both Jewish and Folkloric.
Milman Parry Collection of Oral Literature
- One of the largest repositories of South Slavic heroic song; located at Widener Library, Harvard University; online exhibition of photos, song transcriptions, and video.
North Carolina Folklife Resources
- An introduction to North Carolina cultural resources found in the Southern Folklife Collection, which is part of the Manuscripts Department, Academic Affairs Libraries, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
UCLA Folklore & Mythology Archives
- Educational site presenting a wide variety of material on Folklore, Folk Art, Folk Medicine, Folk Music, Folk Religion, Folk Dance and more.
University of California at Berkeley, Department of Folklore
- The home page for UC-Berkeley's distinguished Department of Folkore.
University of Missouri Center for Studies in Oral Tradition
- Academic site fostering the interdisciplinary growth of Oral Tradition Studies, a highly complex field derived from the older and more defined areas of folklore, anthropology, literary studies, and linguistics.
University of Missouri Folklore Collection
- Descriptive catalogue of the Folklore section of the University of Missouri's Western Historical Manuscript Collection in Columbia; includes papers, diaries and memoirs of some of the state's noted academic and hobby folklorists.
Utah State University Fife Folklore Archives
- One of the largest repositories of American folklore in the US, housing over 25 folklore collections and projects, home to Utah State University's graduate Folklore Program, and part of USU's Special Collections and Archives, where the historical American Folklore Society Manuscript Collection is housed.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor